Breaking News: Saddam May Be Dead

by minimus 47 Replies latest social current

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Dubla,

If the bombs did kill Saddam, his location must have been pointed out by someone close to the top. It was important enough information that the US had to alter their entire war plan just to take advantage of the situation.

Possibly the informer was a general bent on taking over in order to stop the war. I dont think Saddam's sons have enough support to survive a coup attempt, esp. Uday. Just my thoughts on it.

• Mulan
    Mulan

When they first started the broadcast with Saddam last night, I thought it didn't really look like him. There was something not quite right about his look. This morning on the news, they showed side by side photos of him (recently with Dan Rather) and the one from TV last night. The one last night looks different to me. Shorter face, bigger jowls. He had on that beret, huge glasses, and a turtleneck. All could cover distinquishing marks of Saddam, like hairline, top of his nose, neck shape, and eyebrows.

The CIA believes it was a videotape..........that seemed obvious with all the glitches in the tape. And if it was him, the fact that he started by saying the date, could mean it was made earlier, and he had made many tapes with varying dates to fool the Iraqi people. He wasn't specific about what had happened either. It was a generic message.

They are also doing voice analysis to see if it was him.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Big Tex, why is my question stupid?

Guest 77

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Big Tex, why is my question stupid?

Guest 77

• foreword
    foreword
    the war will continue regardless, until we have complete control

That pretty much sums up your reasons for war.......

But Saddam is quite the character, actually you've got to admit he's got a sense of humor. Will the real Saddam please stand up please. Wow, he'll have you chasing your tails pretty soon.

Actually I think this is all exciting, entertaining, can't wait to see how it all turns out. Those who are pro US on this, don't accuse me of enjoying the fight you started, can't wait to see your downfall, lol.

Watch your backs in the Middle East.

• minimus
    minimus

Saddam is the "Greater Nebuchadnezzar", you know.

• RandomTask
  • JH
    JH

These are not the same two men. Easy to see.

They will have a hard time to really know if he is dead or not.

Look at the mustache. look at the pimple on the right next to mouth. not the same

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Too bad I could think of a few more politicians and religious leaders I wouldn't mind being in the same bunker with Saddam.

Will

• dubla
    dubla
    Possibly the informer was a general bent on taking over in order to stop the war. I dont think Saddam's sons have enough support to survive a coup attempt, esp. Uday. Just my thoughts on it.

interesting......possible i guess. as far as his sons support, they would definitely have the support of the republican guard, but beyond that im not sure.

They will have a hard time to really know if he is dead or not.

yeah, i was wondering today: how many saddam knock-offs are we going to have to kill/capture before we know for sure weve got him?

aa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit