Care Home Exclusively for JW's "Inadequate" and "Unsafe".

by snugglebunny 36 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave
    My mother, a state registered nurse, worked at Jah-Jirah back in the 90's. Even back then she said the management was inadequate, so this doesn't surprise me at all.
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Man, I've got to tell you, this has set my head reeling!

I would have thought that, with the miraculous provision of (presumably) vegan manna and anti-matter cleanup clouds, any care facility involving the followers of The One Living And True YHVH would be an impeccable "example to the nations."

I'm gonna have to sit down a minute, I'm feeling dizzy and disoriented.

[/sarcasm:OFF]

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I have had three members of my family stay in Jah-Jireh homes. The main force behind them his a guy called Eddy Delaney. I believe him to be a basically good guy whose primary motive in starting them was not money. I know a lot of people on here believe that cash is the driving force for this outfit but I truly believe that that isn't the case.

That said, my experience of the homes is as described. Nobody there would dream of complaining no matter how justified the complaint was. Yes, their "spiritual" needs are cared for but there is no room for any other entertainment, community activity or fun. The standards are not high, if i had any say in it or if it were a close member of my family i wouldn't let them near the place.

in short I think that the intentions are good but the execution leaves a lot to be desired.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Seems like that inspector adequately identified many of the problems in the organization as a whole. No real training, no individual care, time spent in mindless Bible study as the sole focus, no real community, and mindless people walking around while on the whole the participants have nothing but praise for the way they are treated.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    A brother once mentioned donations toward Jah-Jireh homes from the platform during the announcements in our hall - and got into trouble for it. Only Watchtower begging allowed at the KH.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Jehovah our God is a jealous God, yes he is a God exacting exclusive donation.
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Slidin Fast observed, "Yes, their "spiritual" needs are cared for but there is no room for any other entertainment, community activity or fun."

So I guess arranging to have strippers drop by would be out-of-the-question? >damn!<

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit