Care Home Exclusively for JW's "Inadequate" and "Unsafe".

by snugglebunny 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Mephis
    Mephis
    There's exemptions in discrimination law for things like this. They're a registered charity (so not a commercial outfit), they're providing a service to a specific religious group etc. Applies to all religions, so you can get Jewish care homes and so on. Recruitment may be a problem for them judging from comments about staffing levels in the report.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Mephis and BOC, thanks for the clarification and additional details.

Simon: how can they allow such blatant religious discrimination in who they employ?

You raise some very good points.

I'm just guessing, but probably no one has challenged them on it.

My grandmother went to live in an Eastern Star home for the last few years of her life. I know for a certainty that not everyone on staff was a Mason or Job's daughter. It's not exactly the same thing, but there is enough similarities to be relevant.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Ha ha, made my day. This scam was one of my pet peeves while i was still in.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Seems like just slapping a "JW" sticker on something automatically makes it awesome to the R&F.

I should try it sometime.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy
    What if an inmate decided they did not want to be a JW anymore, would they be forced to leave ?
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Reading the report I saw how many times it was mentioned"but there were no complaints. " " residents were not aware that they had an option" " strict schedule and no outside activities seemed to ensure that these people lived under borg rules and lifestyle 24/7 whether they like it or not.

The clear and present danger of staying in the borg to please otthers is that they could put you in that kind of care center. I have seen poorly run and well run homes for dementia patients. By all I have seen its a piss poor one. Regular mental, social and physical stimulation was not happening. That flat out literally ends people's lives sooner. Its slow homicide. The only reason their scores were so high is that jws have such low expectations for their lives, having been well trained since infancy to being treated as children (while adults), to not ask for or expect options, to not do anything fun or entertaining.

This was sad to read. I kept having my buttons pushed as to the ways these people were infantilized, marginalized and personal needs and desires extinguished, dismissed-even by the residents themselves. Had the "world" given them this care it would be excroriorated.

• Cangie
    Cangie
    Breakfast of Champions...I sent you a PM. I am fascinated by your information about the senior residence in Allentown, PA because I live in that town and I also live in a senior independent living apartment building, and would like to be informed so I can stay far away from a JW-sponsored building if I ever want to make a move to another place. I would appreciate knowing the name of the facility. Thanks....
  • snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    Some more info. I've been aware of Jah Jireh homes for many years now. Initially, according to my JW mother, just one home was set up and that was meant to cater exclusively for elderly witnesses with a long and established history of WT service. That would have been around 20 years ago. My mother had it in mind that as she became more infirm that she would like to apply for a "place" there. So she went to visit. She returned sadly disillusioned. I think she thought that the residents sat around singing Kingdom melodies all day while being waited on hand and foot. Sadly, my mother died shortly afterwards anyway.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Here are links:

• Jah-Jireh in England are located in are located in Blackpool, Leyland, Wigan & Merthyr Tydfil. "Jah-Jireh is a completely separate charity to 'Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society of Britain'."
    • Jah-Jireh in Allentown, PA: "Jah-Jireh Homes of America is not affiliated in any way with the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York."
  • Mephis
    Mephis

This is the regulator for care homes in England. As you can see, the Wigan home has also been labelled as needing to improve, with an inadequate rating in safety.

http://www.cqc.org.uk/provider/1-101662352

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit