Baby it’s cold outside...Is That Song Offensive To Ypu?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I wish that all those people who wanted to ban this song would ban the Bible instead

• waton
    waton

for a stable family, the lyrics are offensive, even today. imho.

If it was a husband and wide team, they were obviously not married to each other. because why would the male want to persuade the lady to stay? and not leave for her normal surely cosy nest?

to each his own, but this is inviting a disruption, cute as it might sound. nice melody though, for humming.hmm!!!

• scotsman
    scotsman
    LoveUniHateExams
    So, this song is being categorized by feminists as being part of 'rape culture', because of the lyrics

I’m friends with lots of feminists (hell, I’m one too). Absolutely none of them are talking about this.

• Zoos
    Zoos

As a meth addict, I am offended by the song, "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth".

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme

No I love it - especially the version from Elf.

• scotsman
    scotsman

My favourite Christmas song

https://youtu.be/vsvOrtcrA5c

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups
    Nothing to worry about folks, Sargon (peace be upon him) is going to destroy those that hate that song, I'm sure of it.
  • Butyoucanneverleave
    Butyoucanneverleave

Everyone's offended by everything! What a stupid world we live in. I go to nonstop HR meetings at my work discussing what we can and can not say or do. It's getting to the point where no one can say anything without having their job threatened.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Someone's been listening to Joe Rogans podcast!

So I'm probably going to offend a bunch of people now by saying I've always hated it. It made me feel yukky inside but I realise that's my stuff and I agree with JP1969we shouldn't judge something written for another generation by the social norms of today.

Edit: and the "what's in this drink"line just refers to alcohol loosening ones tongue and inhibitions. Nothing to do with date rape drugs for sure!

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

For those who haven’t seen it, here is a politically correct version:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CJB9GP5gyAw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit