What is the current pulse in the organization with the reductions?

by SouthCentral 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

AnnaB, yes, you must have a Society approved UL listed cart. Standing there with literature in ones' hands is so Uncool and Untheocratic. This is not what the Governing Body is directing. Only approved UL Governing Body carts can "hold" literature. The angle of the eyes is all wrong if a human holds it in their hands at or below face level. Potential Jehovah's Witnesses should not have their head held so high as to the literature in a man's hand. All Jehovah's Witnesses that hold their head up that high to see literature in a man's hand are not subordinate or submissive to the Governing Body. This should be corrected without delay.

• AnnaB
    AnnaB
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

I am starting to fear my dad might be an apostate....
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

It's not uncommon to have 4 congregations to share one KH on Sunday for the talk and WT. Maybe it will be commonplace to have meetings on Saturdays also.

Beth Sarim ...

We have had Saturday meetings down here in South Florida for as long as I can remember. If there are 4 congregations in the KH, then most prefer a late afternoon Saturday meeting instead of late Sunday.

With 5 congregations in the KH, there is typically a 4PM and a 7PM meeting on Saturday and 3 on Sunday, usually about 10AM, 1PM and 4PM.

Rub a Dub

• sir82
    sir82

My dad does not like having the cart so he just stands with the literature in his hand.And it is being frowned upon

A few years back, before the apathy carts were popular, there used to be a couple of JW pioneers who would do "street witnessing" in the downtown area where I work.

Their "street witnessing" consisted of sitting on a bench & holding a dog-eared Watchtower over their shoulder with one hand, while facing the other direction and conversing with each other.

Curiously, the reaction to such "witnessing" was 100% identical to the reaction to the now-present carts - utter apathy.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

I used to think that something earth shattering would happen! Something to awaken the masses! I can see that no matter what happens, the average witness will not change. A few will leave when something tragic happens to them (I.e. Blood transfusions, molestation…) but for the most part, the numbers will continually Remain stagnant.

Unfortunately, many inactive witnesses still believe this is the truth and the only way to salvation.

• AnnaB
    AnnaB
    SouthCentral this is exactly what makes it so horrible and why it is so entrapping. Even when I was out (for 9 years after dropping out at 15) I felt horrible. I felt like I deserve nothing, like I am different from everyone else, I felt so lonely and anxious. I look back at this good girl now and feel so sorry for her for being told she means nothing. I don't feel like they have the right to do it t anyone. ESPECIALLY that this religion is not the truth. Argh. I feel like everyone should sue them. It basically ruined my childhood. I know that it could have been much worse and so on, but that just feels so unfair.

P.S. Still in the rage stage if not noticeable

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

According to google trends, most of the interest in jw.org is coming from Africa, not surprising.

• sir82
    sir82

for the most part, the numbers will continually Remain stagnant.

Well, the numbers themselves appear to reflect stagnation, but actually there is a lot of "churn".

With 8 million + JWs, probably 80,000 - 100,000 die each year. The number who are DF'ed or fade is also very likely well above 100,000 per year. Meanwhile, hundreds of thousands of new JWs start up (primarily kids of JWs and 3rd world recruits who have virtually nothing to lose).

The net result is growth of 1 or 2% per year, but an actual "turnover" rate that is higher - that net change is the result of 4 or 5% leaving and 5 or 6% joining every year.

I.e., over the past couple of decades millions of JWs have indeed left - but they have been replaced by kids & 3rd world recruits.

Thus, when you see the actual raw number of JWs actually begin to decline, probably within the next few years, it will really signify problems much deeper than they appear.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

I have a friend who is visiting from another country. He has been a missionary for at least 10 years now. I am going to get together with a group of old friends within the next few weeks. I really wonder, how can people stay in the organization for over 25 years and accept the changes?

I know many witnesses that have left the organization… But they still feel it is the truth. I know many others that are very active! I really don’t know how they can do it. I guess if you stay in, just for social reasons… Maybe…

• pontoon
    pontoon

At a local Dunkin Donut shop i see two sisters with a cart just about every day, even when it is not much above 0 degrees F, there they are freezing their asses off. In two years I've never seen them talking to anyone, not once. Sad waste of time. Where they stand and set up their cart is away from the door of DD and is not even real noticeable to the DD customers, after they first showed up in that spot I saw them for about two weeks before I even realized who they were. I go to DD with a lady from work and she has never commented anything like what the hell are they standing there for day after day, what they are doing is so insignificant.. Doesn't seem to be much old fashioned field service around here anymore, but maybe the locals have made me a 'not to call' on person , I don't know. Pontoon in the Hudson Valley, about 25 miles from Watchtower Farm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit