What is the current pulse in the organization with the reductions?

by SouthCentral 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Giordano
    Giordano

They are holding on but age and obedience is shrinking..........the JW stay at home prospects, the mothers and wives ... was the feeding ground for those who went out in field service .

You convert the wife, she converts the kids and maybe it's a trifecta and you get the hubby as well. Then it turned around and converts not so much anymore but born-ins you bet!

Religion has diminished in importance so the witness world is shrinking. The quality of conversions is no longer dependable. Nut cases or kooky would be today's description for converts.

The reliance on born-ins when 60% are dis-associating is also a failure. Except for a few third world countries.

It's over for the JW's. It's over for the Christian scientists and dozens of other sects. When the Catholic Church is wounded and losing followers......... it's over for organized religion. Except for the Christians that prove helpful to a community Food drives, clothing drives, day care.......... help stabilize a community. The JW's do nothing for a community on an organized basis.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

That's how these organizations work. By telling you that you are 'unique' in a way, people like to have their ears tickled and it works. They like to hear what they want to hear. By people telling them what they want to hear.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I’m with Giordano, the churches that are surviving are cummunity churches helping one another and having out reach programs that help others in the cummunity. The self absorbed churches like JWs and other hardcore groups are dying off.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Where I am it's a tourist destination and the "friends" are just in a social club to participate in recreation together. I mean you have a few self righteous types and a few throw-aways, but mainly it's social. The meetings and service are done at an absolute bare minimum just to stay in the club.

The org is selling the story that they are building hundreds of kingdom halls in Africa (just heard it from an LDC rep 2 days ago) where there is supposedly a 5% growth rate per year. That is why they are selling halls and consolidating congregations in the United States.

I honestly don't even pick up a shred of doubt from the dubs here. They buy the story 100%.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Google analytics for the UK shows interest in JW.borg is waning too. Imagine if this was the stock market and you saw stocks performing like this for the last year:

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

The down trend is encouraging, but probably explained by the increased use of the JW Library app for downloading and retrieving literature. We all know the only visitors to the website are J Dubs anyway :)

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''I honestly don't even pick up a shred of doubt from the dubs here. They buy the story 100%''

That's what most Dubs tend to let on, I don't know if it's a façade of them believing everything, but they sure go about like they don't have any doubts.

• stumbledbyothers
    stumbledbyothers

Lets see what results come from the Congregation "reshuffling" - probably not much since heaven forbid not cooperating with "the chariot" will be making you out of harmony with Jehovah!

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

I think this is only the first round of kingdom hall sell offs as kingdom halls now are the only assets the watchtower have

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

If I had to guess...

...I'd say that the "current pulse" is general unhappiness...

...with a side of quiet frustration for not being able to adequately express said unhappiness.

A true "spiritual paradise".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit