Are Circuit Overseers next?

by Londo111 49 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

DATA-DOG: They can have any Jack-ass send the stats to HQ

You mean any mickey frickin' Jack-ass, right?

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
  • Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

Many Filipinos have ignored WT counsel not to migrate. In consequence, the Manila Bethel has sent a dutchman and his wife to take on the role of Circuit Overseer for Filipinos in Europe. He is based at the Bethel in Rome. Initially, he visited Filipinos in England by using Easyjet. He was met at airport and cheuffered around by brothers. Now however, he has to drive himself from Rome in a vehicle several years old! Maybe the cash crisis has resulted in this change. If so, then the suspicion of some on this thread of CO's being next for fiscal retraction may be a reality before long. Many BoE's would be pleased to have less visits and be left to their own devices more than at present. One authority figure interfacing with other authority figures achieves nothing positive.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Lon - Of course, the role might still exist, they would simply not get paid.

Shows what I know.....I didn't think they got paid. I thought they were just uber-scroungers. All expenses paid for by the congregations.

I'm interested. What do they get from 'Mother'?

• Splash
    Splash
    punk What do they get from 'Mother'?

Good question. Apart from the car and an iPad, I wonder if their stipend is the same as Special Pioneers.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    In the U.S. Each Congo pays a special fee to provide for the COs car and car insurance. They also provide a place to live and pay for all of their expenses when they are at their hall. I believe bethel pays for their health care. I didn't think beyond that bethel paid for much else.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Splosh - That begs another question...what do specila pioneers get from 'Mother'? this is all news to me. I thought they were simply scrounging benefits or scrounging from the congregations.
  • Splash
    Splash

SP's get a monthly allowance depending on their location and if they are married.

I read recently that in USA it's $900pm for a couple, and in the UK I have a very hazy recollection it's £300pw for a couple, although don't quote me on it because it's probably wrong.

They have to find their rent, bills and food etc. out of that.

Once you move from SP to Reg Pio you lose all of that because you are no longer classed as 'representing the organisation'.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Igno - Splosh ~ So, if 'Mother' gets rid of the Special P's and CO's, they can save money to look after their holinesses the watchtower rock star popes?

Follow the money.

"Save me! You are my god!" Isaiah 44:17 I don't believe in god or the bible but I remembered this from my zombiefied days and it made me think of the watchtower popes and their love of money.

• vinman
    vinman

I could easily see the organization choosing a pool of "qualified" men from each circuit who would be willing to sacrifice an assigned week or even just a weekend to visit a congregation. Even it was done only in certain countries, it would save money. Many elders would jump at this opportunity. If they stop construction, then anything is possible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit