Receiving so much hate recently....

by stuckinarut2 50 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Here's a bit of a flip flop those fools can't seem to decipher

Watchtower 1961 Jul 15 p.420 "Jesus encouraged his followers to love their enemies, but God's Word also says to "hate what is bad." When a person persists in a way of badness after knowing what is right, when the bad becomes so ingrained that it is an inseparable part of his make-up, then in order to hate what is bad a Christian must hate the person with whom the badness is inseparably linked."

*** w11 12/1 p. 25 “A Time to Love and a Time to Hate” ***
    Clearly, as imitators of God, true Christians need to understand when it is “a time to love” and when it is “a time to hate.” Sentimentality can cause one’s view of love and mercy to become unbalanced. But the words of the disciple Jude can help us to keep the proper balance between showing mercy and hating sin: “Continue showing mercy to others, doing so with fear, while you hate even the inner garment that has been stained by the flesh.” (Jude 22, 23) We should therefore hate what is bad but not the person who does what is bad.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

@stuck;

Yet another "brother" I was very close to (we helped them through really intense times in their lives

and did your help include money by any chance ? maybe you took away their lifestyle support system.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

You can imagine here who is the better Christian.

Recognize this jw behavior here also. Some stupid jw looked away from me in the supermarket and smashed my 4 year old son because he did look away.

I have to say some jw are still friendly.

G.

• humbled
    humbled

People who are kind and good to others deserve social torture and death for rejecting the Truth.

I remember this teaching. It was the core of JW identity. Is why we were sent out to preach even if it took money we didn’t have any time away from our families from our mental health. “ Lives are at stake!”

I read the whole thread it really struck me —for you guys, it looks like the jig is up. If I understand it they have discovered that you’ve been “out” for a while but you have nevertheless maintained a very warm connection with them. And that is terrifying to them.

PaleEmporer mentioned cognitive dissonance as the force behind the hate. That is right. You guys have come too close to their hearts. Death death death!

It is breathtaking.

But you guys sound like you are in good shape. Glad you are going to just move on.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Thank you all again.

Really insightful comments!

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

Dont worry Stuckinarut2. I personally find it funny how my decision made JWs angry. Think about how sad is their life if someone like me or you are leaving. We can't change anything, we can't affect minds of millions people, but JWs take it as an insult. I only laugh because it is crazy that some JWs mood depends on what I think about the GB 😂😂😂

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

This one's for you, my dude:

But on a serious note, I do believe the JWs in question are absolutely loving this collective contempt, hatred, revulsion and disgust (the JW said "urgh" when he realized it was you greeting him on the phone!) you've fuelled them with.

Here's why.

People who inflict physical wounds (such as cutting) report that the painful sensation of blood being drawn and the discomfort of flesh being mutilated gives them SOMETHING TO FEEL. It may not be a pleasant feeling, but after being so depressed into a state of catatonic numbness, their pierced flesh awakens their very being. Some cutters say they feel alive when the pain hits them.

JWs are emotional cutters. After being numbed and dumbed down into a depressed state, they will leech off any emotional hardship (real, imagined, personal or across the globe) to finally FEEL.

Well-wounded people experience no need to gossip. How many JWs do we know who THRIVE off this negative behavior? Balanced individuals don't capitalize on the pain and suffering of others outside of their clique (or religion) to prove their point. Is this not central to WTs doctrine? And emotionally fulfilled and content humans are actually incapable of spewing forth such unsolicited HATRED the way they do toward you.

These are very psychologically empty people, @stuckinarut2. And those feelings of outright hostility you've inspired in them is their emotional version of cutting.

They get off on it.

Finally... there's something to be felt on the inside. Sure, it's the mental equivalent of bile. But with such a small pool of options, most JWs would opt for the toxicity of feeling hatred than confronting the dejected realization that they're otherwise dead inside.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Sometimes we wonder if some JW's are actually envious of those who leave. How many would love to leave but have the social ties (even with their business) and family relationships that they have to maintain.

When an ex JW exudes happiness it perplexes the still in JW. How can you be happy? You are not supposed to be. It's like the ole sayin...."misery loves company." lol

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TOES UP:

You also have a point there! I feel that a few might be jealous I’m out. I have heard some JWs are curious.

In my case, I have no family there so they cannot get to me, or use anyone against me. It also helped me that I worked all through the years, so I am independent. The conventional tactics of them getting to somebody never worked on me.

The best they can do is give me the cold shoulder if I encounter them in a store. But, this is no loss to me since they were never my friends anyway.

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

"Sometimes we wonder if some JW's are actually envious of those who leave. How many would love to leave but have the social ties (even with their business) and family relationships that they have to maintain".

I often think there is some envy on the other side for sure. I mean, most of us are exuding happiness and the feelings that go along with doing what you really want with your life. It just doesn't fit their narrative so they build this wall around themselves. They are trapped in a prison of their own making, occasionally stealing a peek over the wall and seeing a beautiful life and it totally scares them. What if they were wrong????? What if they had just dedicated decades to something that was wrong???

That thought alone just makes them bury their heads in the sand and insulate themselves more. Just our physical presence is an internal nudge that is too much for them to handle. That's how I see it anyways. It makes me feel kind of sorry for them really.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit