Receiving so much hate recently....

by stuckinarut2 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Unfortunately Pharisees make their disciples two fold more the child of hell than themselves. Matthew 23:15

What else can be expected?

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Sorry man, you two don't deserve it as people, they just think you do because they're so mislead. They truly can act horrible. We disassociated and I certainly didn't try to keep friends, and somehow I just stopped running into them even though I used to all the time when we were out. I think it was Jehovah's rich blessing.

Anyway, once it starts like that you can bet it will spread like wildfire. Nobody talks about other people like dubs do. I like the quote that great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, and small minds discuss other people. JWs are notorious for their gossip.

You've got friends here, and I love that you have a few in real life there.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We're in the same situation. "Spiritually weak and inactive" -- NOT DFd or DAd, but I think I just experienced my first time being shunned. Saw a sister from on of our former Congs at a local office building. Called her by name, she looked, didn't recognize me (guess I'm looking much older?), and when I identified myself she just turned away and entered walked on into the office she was entering.

Got to admit, I was a bit shocked. When we left her Cong we were still quite active. Guess news travels fast in JW Land.

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

My husband and I faded several years ago and we were discussing how those still in who run into us act- it's like all the bs about the love for the brothers that prove the religion is the truth is no longer the MO. We were speculating that those still in are blaming us leavers for the KH mergers and taking out their frustrations about it on those of us smart enough to stop going to the cult indoctrination sessions. I call it soft shunning when they stop following us on social media. It's like they are confused we are living happy fulfilling lives because they are supposed to have the best life ever- haha they certainly don't!

• zeb
    zeb

Hi siar,

I am reminded of something Jesus said. "cast not your pearls before swine or they will trample them under hoof then turn and rend thee."

I too love to do random acts of kindness. Think of the 'good Samaritan' did the he go to the injured and offer him the latest sayings of the Pharisees?

Hugs to you and yours

peace.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

WOW!
    Thank you all so very much for your genuine comments!

I appreciate it more than you will know.

You know, I had thought I was well past all of this. Like really passed it.

Maybe I am just feeling it this week for some reason.

But yes. No more "pearls before swine." There will be more reminders to myself that "the windscreen is bigger than the rear-view mirror"

Love to you all!

• MightyV8
    MightyV8
    after my "apostate" online activity was found by a nosey employee of ours while she was working in our office (long story if anyone wants to know - it would have to be another thread)

yes, please.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STUCKINARUT2:

I wish you lots of luck making new non-judgmental friends.

ALL OR NOTHING:

You might have a point that the reason for Witness hostility towards “faders” is because they are angry we are out.

There are probably a couple of reasons: ...we are free and not subjected to the garbage anymore;..they blame us for the halls being empty and being sold;..we aren’t around for the users to target and they are bearing the brunt. Maybe there are more reasons but they ARE angry.

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

@stuckinarut I feel your pain. Who treats people like that?

But the truth is that as a born in I knew exactly how things were going to go down once I became inactive. So it helps to have zero expectations. I'm surprised when JWs are decent to me, including my family. This just saves me a lot of frustration and grief. Having said that, it would be hard for me to be in the same area where I was a JW and feel the constant cold shoulder, and that's why I moved and just made a whole new network of friends and family who are truly genuine and loving people.

Hope it gets better for you. I wouldn't send texts or emails unless you are prepared for a bad/no response and are ok with that. Why put yourself through that?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

An elder that I knew from before he became one was on my mind last week. I haven't seen him for at least 9 years or more. He was young and had a heart attack back them. This past week I was just thinking about how he might be doing. I am not DF'd or DA'd but long faded some 15 years or so. Yesterday, in the market, who do you suppose I ran into? This elder and his wife. He looks good, though he's had another heart issue. A stint fixed it. I told him I was thinking of him and he smiled with genuine appreciation. I always liked him. He was loyal to me, but not enough to pursue a friendship after my disappearance. That's ok, I am just glad to know he's ok.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit