Receiving so much hate recently....

by stuckinarut2 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ stuckinarut2...

Ten bucks says at least some of 'em resent you for having the wherewithal to actually leave...

...'cause deep down, they wish they could too.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Though I have experienced my fair share of haters in the organization, even as I was considered “spiritually weak”, I must admit that through the years, some of them have been very polite and even go beyond the normal line of conducts for JWs. The main reason for this is that they keep their relationship with my in-laws and my in-laws keep theirs with us. As we have been inactive for many years and do not do or say anything to makes them uncomfortable, they are surprisingly pleasant with us.

Of course, these are the close friends and family members that have been around for 30+ years. That being said, without my in-laws, there would be no relationship at all. They are the bridge. So, they are actually the friends and family of my in-laws… not ours.

There is another thread that talks about all the words and subjects that cannot be used and in their presence, I abide to those. Sure, it makes things a bit more difficult for us, but at least, I don’t get hatred.

• under the radar
    under the radar

It's a shame when otherwise wonderful people just cannot see that they are going far "beyond what is written."

Years before my father's death, he had to move into assisted living and later a nursing home. I would fly into town every few weeks to visit him. When my sister told me that I could no longer stay in her home when doing so, and that she and her family would no longer even share a meal with me, I said, "No matter how you treat me or what you say to me, you will always be welcome in my home. I would never judge you or treat you differently over something as silly as different religious beliefs." She replied in the most accusatory manner you can imagine, "You're just being magnanimous!" Like that was a bad thing. Go figure...

FYI, I have never been DF or even DA, though I was openly "living in sin" at the time and had been quite vocal (in private) about my view of the Organization and its practices. My father, a Congregation Servant and later Elder for several decades, knew all about that and never once asked me to stop visiting. I called him every single day for years, and he always seemed glad to get my call.

My sweetheart and I married over a year ago and I haven't said a word about the borg to anyone she would know, yet the shunning continues. Self-righteousness must be a heavy burden indeed. Too bad...

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

So, this thread is getting longer and longer...

So, one thing we can all agree upon:..the JW religion is ramping (or amping) up the hateful attitude and encouraging its members to unleash this attitude on people who are out, whether family or friends.

While I might tolerate a bit of this if I had family members there, I’d never tolerate it from anybody else at the hall. It would only happen once. I just hope none of these nasty shunners think they are going to ask for money if they are desperate. They better have their so-called spiritual friends on speed dial.

• Unstuck
    Unstuck

G'day all and thanks again for your support.

And update in the vein of this thread - I had an interesting talk with my father last night. It was the first time that I had the courage to tell him a few things. He's older in years now and very-in, raised as a witness, knows nothing else and after several events, he clings to it as the only thing left to him.

I assured him that in all I said, I had no intention of shaking his faith or changing his beliefs - all I wanted to do was explain where I was at. He knew, because we had discussed it before, that I was extremely troubled over the organisation's handling of child sexual abuse. He asked if he could do some research - but of course, only researched from WT sources, which he told me about last night - and I couldn't help myself but tell him that I had already viewed what he had found and that it was unacceptable and no where near enough of what had to be done. That the policy really should be quite simple: you hear about abuse, go straight to the authorities. Anyway, this opened the conversation for the first time to other topics, we discussed the flood, 607 and the meaning of the word apostate. I told him that I don't believe anymore, that Stuck and I will never come back.

I know it broke his heart because I know the clap trap their told. He told me he was worried for me because we are so close to Armageddon. I told him that I was fine with that - totally fine. That if Jehovah brought Armageddon tomorrow and judged me for destruction, I'm ok with that. (That's because I don't believe any of it, and if it did happen, I wouldn't want to live in some jacked up, 1984-style, utopian madness, with a tyrant ruling over you! I didn't tell him that).

We changed the subject soon after to day-to-day nuts and bolts (I'm his carer). But I know that his mind is reeling from what we discussed. Me, on the other hand, am undisturbed and content with what I have said. I don't have anything to lose - even if dad shuns me, as I'm his carer, he is the one that loses big time, not me.

Anyway, thought I'd share as things are fairly interesting at the moment!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

There's nothing more exciting to JW "villagers" than the opportunity to dust off their torches and pitchforks form a mob and chase the apostamonster out of town and comparing notes about it round the KH campfire. It's the only excitement they have.

• kairos
    kairos

It seems that the ORG manipulated their/our minds to the point where we didn't have real relationships based on love or trust. It was an ILLUSION.

True love does not shun.
    We were under mind control. They still are.

It's a nightmare

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Funny thing, two weekends ago went mountain biking at the local hot spot, season grand opening the place was hopping ! I'm with two other friends ( we are senior riders in our 50's ) and on way back to the parking we were on the gas single filing and spinning up fast showing off a little ( good for the old ego's ) and I greet a younger couple in opposite direction that had moved over to let us by in the narrow singletrack. Of course I thanked them profusely and shouted out " bonne ride ! " as we passed. I noticed the guy had a white helmet on and the girl with him as being cute and friendly.

Then later after having had a quick snack while BS'ing and eyeballing women and bikes we start off again and regroup near the trail head, still lots of people milling about.

I then see some young guy in his early thirties biking back up and out heading past me all the while giving me this horrible stink eye to the point of being practically disfigured. I though boy this guy looks like my old young JW friend P.P. but seems mad as hell so something must be really pestering him !

I look back at him briefly and thought hey he really does look like so and so but then thought better of addressing the poor chap due to his obvious bad mood. Figured I'd check out his bike as he rode by me to my right but only took a passing glance as it seemed like an older rig and didn't recognise the make, that and was busy BS'ing with my buddies at the time.

Gut feeling was really telling me something again so thought of looking around for his wife to see if it could be him. Looked left and Bingo it's her ! Same cute pleasant girl as before coming up from the left. We exchanged glances and I drop it, decide then and there not to let them crap on my day and start off with my friends hooting and hollering, party time : RIDE !

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    apostamonster

We have a new term for the Apostate Dictionary, I like it 😅

• flipper
    flipper

STUCKINARUT- You & your wife are handling this well. It's a tough situation no matter how you slice it - many of us are experiencing this shunning as well from JW family and there's no telling what's been said about me these last 15 years since I've been out of the JW cult. I feel for you both. But you just never know. One or more of our JW relatives may flip someday and escape the mind control and evil treatment by the WT Society- then like you & your wife are doing as many of us do- we will be there to assist exiting JW family when and if they escape to freedom. It's a good attitude to have as I know personally how lonely it was when I exited. Only my mom and my adult son out of all my family supported my decision. It's good to have support and it looks like you guys would do that if any JW relatives left. Keep up the good work, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit