William Malenfant's appalling hate speech - latest morning worship video

by doubtfull1799 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

So he tries to prove that we are living in the last days without any evidence, but instead a series of unsubstantiated assertions ("never has there been a time with so much lack love and affection"). And uses things that are not even part of the so-called "sign" (abortions, pollution). Then proceeds to ridicule the "ridiculers," stereotype them, and declare they are only fit for destruction!

Instead of addressing the most glaringly obvious reason people don't believe we're living in the last days, i.e, the complete lack of any solid evidence, he goes on to give his own reasons:

1. They are blinded by Satan. (If that is so is it really their fault? Why should they be deserving of destruction? If they've been misled by a more powerful being that does not make them wicked... it puts responsibility on God, if he truly wishes for all to be saved, to "unblind" them).

2. They are victims of "gradualism." Pulling out that old frog illustration like its the first time anyone's heard of it. Implying that people have not made a proper investigation of the facts or history, when the opposite is more likely to be the case. Most people have come to the conclusion that we are not living in the last days because they have made a more thorough investigation of the historical evidence instead of just accepting Watchtower assertions or misleading twisting of statistics.

3. They are haughty, depraved, wicked. His final brilliant argument is to imply that if people have allowed themselves to fall prey to his first two points they must be morally corrupt - the are deserving of destruction and good riddance to them! Or "so be it" in his words.

So in summary, what I got from the video was this: if people are too blind or stupid to see that we are living in the last days, and they have allowed Satan to blind them to the (non-existent) evidence then Psa 92:7 applies to them: They are wicked ones sprouting like weeds and their only reason for existence or worth as humans is to be annihilated.

Nice demonising and hate speech that towards those who don't accept your opinions. The JW leadership are not extremists at all, such tolerant, peace-loving people!

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

I they really cared about the people who are struggling to accept their assertions that we are living in the last days, wouldn't it have been kind and loving to patiently and thoroughly outline some good, solid, convincing statistical evidence and research showing how wars, earthquakes, famines ect have been significantly increasing in the 20th century and that 2 Tim 2:1-5 is more than a horoscope.

With regard to 2 Tim 3:1-5 the question that is always put to the HH is: "can you see those qualities in people today?" But the more important question that is NEVER asked is this: "has their ever been a period of time in history when people didn't behave like that?" If not, then what possible use is this description as a "sign" to identify a particular time period? Why didn't Paul predict the things William actually mentioned like nuclear bombs, or one billion abortions?

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

I'm so mad I'm going to ring head office and ask to speak to him in the spirit of Mat 5:23,24 & Matt 18:15 - wonder if they'll put me through? Somehow I don't like my chances of being able to apply those verses.... theoretically it should not be a problem as "all pigs are equal" (as Orwell would say) in this organisation, yet somehow i think it will be a case of "some pigs are more equal than others" and don't have to take phone calls, or be held accountable for what they say if they don't want to.

• Listener
    Listener

They can't hold onto members so he's gnashing his teeth.

He quotes from a 2012 Watchtower, why not one from 1914? His message of the last days wouldn't seem so urgent.

He talks about abortion and the lack of natural affection but how many thousands have they talked into not having children, smothering their natural human inclinations?

What else is in his Witches brew other than frogs? At least he can find a few crusty loaves to enjoy it with.

All this from a preacher who couldn't even give a modern day example of sinning against the Holy Spirit in a previous sermon.

• waton
    waton
    He talks about abortion and the lack of natural affection but how many thousands have they talked into not having children, smothering their natural human inclinations?

Listener: good point! that is why his name is appropriate "mal-enfant". = bad [for] children, unless you get a cross for having 8 by Putin. tres mal.

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Good points @Listener

• sir82
    sir82

I'm so mad I'm going to ring head office and ask to speak to him in the spirit of Mat 5:23,24 & Matt 18:15 - wonder if they'll put me through?

Doubt it would work, but there have been instances recounted on this board where people actually did get through to some Bethel heavy.

Would love to see a recap / transcription if it does work.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Satan is the God of this system of things 2Cor.4:4 "Blinding the minds of the unbelievers".

However

The superiour authorities of this world are by Jehovahs arrangement and to go against it is to go against Jehovah

Rom.chapt.13 Vs 4 "for it is gods minister to you for your good but if you are doing what is bad be in fear for it is not without purpose that it bears the sword for it is Gods minister an avenger "

5 "There is therefore compelling reason for you people to be in subjection" to the Superiour authorities .

Even though Satan is the God of this system of things and blinding the mind of the unbelievers / the superiour authorities are by Jehovahs arrangement and to go against it is to go against Jehovah.

Are you confused ? Does that make any sense at all ? doesnt one cancel out the other ?

• Annon
    Annon

Ecclesiastes 7:10 says "Do not say. "Why were the former days better than these?" for it is not out of wisdom that you ask this.

Yes things were much better long ago back in the days of Vlad the Impaler, and a vast array of similar people who all lived long before 1914. The estimate for the death toll during the Taiping rebellion is 44 million and that was in 1850.

Anyone who says the world is so bad now never seems able to point to a specific time that they would like to go back to, when life was so much better, I think because it does not exist.

• sir82
    sir82

Anyone who says the world is so bad now never seems able to point to a specific time that they would like to go back to, when life was so much better, I think because it does not exist.

I always think, just based on medical or dental practices alone, I'd never want to live in an earlier age.

Have you ever seen 19th century (or earlier) dental tools? Any dental problems and your choices were sheer bloody torture or dental rot and eating mush the rest of your life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit