Pioneer couple sense of entitlement

by nowwhat? 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BETH SARIM:

Thanks. It’s scary and I cringe when I think about it. I still have to watch my pennies though!

It’s just too bad that history keeps repeating itself in the religion! People there just suffer generationally in silence!.. What I think is bad is when someone older doesn’t warn someone younger. Back in the day when I was In, I pulled aside some young (entitled) pioneers and warned them they have to save and provide for their old age and retirement. This was my non-JW upbringing speaking up! Whether or not these people heeded my warning, who knows?

I just hope that more younger people in the religion look around them at older people who are struggling today and realize they have to plan. Hopefully, any lurkers on the forum will notice. Naturally, there will be the scoffers who won’t but what can you do?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I know!!!

Right now,,,,we are all watching our pennies,,,inflation is still really bad. Little slower pace of it,,but still bad.

Just too bad that the average JW still follows the Borg hook line and sinker and still feels obligated about giving the Borg money by being guilted into it.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

The last time I gave, I actually prayed for forgiveness. I realized that I was enabling the shielding of molesters. I never gave again. Those who give to WTC do not understand where the money is going since there is no accountability and no transparency. They would be very frustrated to see how much is spent on CSA settlements, non-JW attorneys, fines and other line items not related to the preaching.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

THOMAS MORE:

On top of all you said, the JWs have absolutely NO programs to help any needy.

This is in sharp contrast to other religions of Christendom that have different social programs to help people (food pantries, etc.) whether it’s people in their congregations or people in the community.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit