Pioneer couple sense of entitlement

by nowwhat? 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

So there's this middle age pioneer couple. He works part time and the wife doesn't work at all. Their daughter is getting married and even though it is known they go on multiple vacations a year, they expect the grooms parents to pay for 100% of the wedding!

• waton
    waton

Where is this? what happened to "the father of the bride"?

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

These dubs with privileges of service titles expect other dubs and other non-dubs to give them whatever they ask for/request. The Borg has influenced these folks--if they didn't have these negative qualities before conversion--to feel/think that they are on "top of the world" and that they are entitled to everything/anything; especially since they are "full-time servants" of Jehovah. If they were dealing fully with all types/kinds of NON-BORG people and establishments, they undoubtedly wouldn't be able to cope! ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ˜ค

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Think all GB members served as pioneer's at one time. Sure gives people a feeling of entitlement and that they above others.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

It is amazing how "Pioneer s" have this sense of entitlement and the average Jw has to service the needs of the Pioneer. I have an auto repair shop and Pioneer 's use to bring their cars in for repair and expect deep discounts since I was in the truth and they Pioneered. Theocratic Discounts don't work in the real world when you have to pay for parts and for skilled mechanics. And the abuse these pioneers they put their cars through is very costly. Like not changing the oil. Is one example of what one Pioneer did to their car. The Engine needed a rebuild, but they didn't like the price tag and complained to the elders.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

We pioneered for many years, had many friends as well who pioneered. Never asked anyone to fix my car. I did it. Never had any reason to believe they would have helped if I asked. Knew only one joker who did something like that, that was because he was a 'taker' not because he was a pioneer. There were many things pioneering fostered, a lax attitude toward health and financial stability for example. But I'd not include the sense of entitlement you are describing. If anything we cultivated a "do without" mentality and expected, and got nothing, from the congregation.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The former Bethelite now pioneer MS in our Congregation referred to is as GLEANING.

Leviticus 23:22 ~ โ€˜When you reap the harvest of your land, moreover, you shall not reap to the very corners of your field nor gather the gleaning of your harvest; you are to leave them for the needy and the alien. I am the Lord your God.โ€™โ€

YES! That makes it scriptural for them to mooch off of others.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Sorry, I should say that some Pioneers where entitled pains in the azz. Not all. It just was a bad experience.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

There was situations where I helped fixed a person's auto at cost because they where in financial trouble. But I have a business to run, I'm not a charity. I have mechanics to pay,parts and lease to pay and a laundry list to pay.

• Festus
    Festus

Hah, reminds me of my cousin! She and her husband were pioneering (stillare). Husband's brother had a part time janitor job - few hours per week not really paying any salary but he got quite nice apartmen for free or at least very very cheap. He worked full time somwhere else.

And what was my cousin's reaction? "He should give it to us - after all we are pioneering", oh dear...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit