I think this is an important question...

by The Rebel 27 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

When I first met my wife and on that so important first date I was 21 years old and sadly broke, she was an 18 year old Au pair. Any way I treated her to McDonald's but she had to pay for the meal. Now over 20 years later and still together, I realize how lucky I was she didn't say on that first date " if you can't afford to pay "our" McDonald's meal f...off"

So " Now" the important question of the O.P. In your opinion on a first date should the meal be:-

A) paid by the man.

B) equally spilt.

C) paid by woman.

If you choose A) B) or C your reason why would be appreciated.

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray

How about option D) each person pays their own bill.

McDonald's...! You could have at least taken her to Wimpy's.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Giles (Q) " How about option D) each person pays their own bill?

The Rebel: That was option B) equally split.

Anyway i may be behind the times,so in the year 2016 when on that "Oh" so-important first date, do we men give our partner:-

a) flowers

b) chocolates

c) one.

And in the year 2016 do married men when they have a free evening prefer to take out:

a) The wife

b) the secretary

c) a girl friend.

Well unless you answered A/B to question 1, and A to question 2, then you are nothing more than a disgusting evil minded little creep.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

nothing wrong with McD's.

my previous username on here was Bigmac!

Image result for bigmac

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Anyway i may be behind the times,so in the year 2016 when on that "Oh" so-important first date, do we give men give our partner:-

a) flowers

b) chocolates

c) one.

lol---

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Stan livedeath, your picture of a " Bigmac" I imagine is the perfect example of meeting a person on a dating site. They look nothing like the picture.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Took my wife on our first date to (lol) a meeting at the kh. After the meeting we went to a cozy little restaurant for a burger and fries. I was very hungry but she didn't order anything to eat, only a coke. I generously paid. lol. About a month or so later she told me that she had also been very hungry but did not want to eat in front of me on our first date. lol. She didn't want to be presumptuous about me paying for her meal! lol. You gotta love a woman that is not just interested in your money! lol. I guess that's one of the reasons we are still together after 50 years!

just saying!

• Listener
    Listener

Rebel, does that mean that in 1996 when you took your wife on your first date, you gave her either flowers or chocolates?

If not, then you have just identified yourself as a disgusting, evil minded, little creep.

If you did but then made her pay for her meal, imo it was a very silly thing to do.

Maybe you just phrased the question wrong. I never knew it was customary to give your partner either flowers or chocolates on a first date but our Aussie guys are not known to be all that romantic.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Listerner, I honestly believe at 21 most young men consider themselfs " potentially" one of the worlds greatest lovers. The problem is at that age in 1996 how many positions did we men of 21 really know?

a) 1

b) 69

answer) I and 69

Seriously as a child of 16 I remember the effort I spent writting my first Valentines Card. ( yes forbidden by the W.T but I was a naughty boy) anyway I won't say my poem was not appreciated, but sadly I will say I had no need to purchase a deodorant having sent that Valentine card.

p.s I still remember that girls name.

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray
    The Rebel-"That was option B) equally split."

'Split equally' is putting both bills together and dividing by two, which may or may not be fair depending on how much either person eats.

Each person paying for their own meal means each person only pays for what they personally eat or drink.

Can make for a much cheaper date.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit