Removed from JW.ORG: Warwick Photo Gallery 3 (January Through April 2015)

by wifibandit 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Having just had a quick look thru #3 then going back thru #1 and #2, gallery 3 sticks out as far more amateurish cultish and dangerous.

Nothing particularly outstanding just the general feel and tone. i think it was giving the public (or more importantly the legal, banking, government sectors) an impression normally reserved for internal propaganda.

Having said that, this picture got my goat:

Two workers on a boom lift apply a vapor-permeable air barrier to the exterior walls. It takes approximately two months to apply the barrier to each residence building.

Question: why isnt it sprayed on in a fraction of the time??

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I know the OP wasnt about the project particularly but looking at the photos it's obvious they have bitten off far more than they can chew with the size of this project. You can build an assembly hall with volunteer labour, but it wont scale up like you think into this sort of build.

All the talk of redoing parts of it an wasted man hours and materials is the result. if they were paying for labour there is no way they would allow untrained amateurs with paint rollers to slowly and poorly apply a vapour barrier to the building for weeks on end. There must be 1000's of similar examples in the build.

Having them work thru the snow and worst of the winter screams cult to anyone watching it.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Question: why isnt it sprayed on in a fraction of the time??

This is an elastomeric membrane which in its unpolymerised state would have a "stringy" rheology and too high a viscosity to spray.

Edit....Which means they went cheap and bought the wrong product for the area being covered.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

LOL, it did look a bit thick in the picture as well. you got a like from me for that one.

But seriously they chose poorly there.

Oh look 10 seconds on the internet finds this spray on barrier: https://grace.com/construction/en-ae/Documents/Perma-A-Barrier%20VP.pdf

I'm not saying that's the stuff to use, i'm saying spray on barriers are easily available.

Huge project, poor planning, poor choices, volunteer workers, what could possibly go wrong?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Huge project, poor planning, poor choices, volunteer workers, what could possibly go wrong?

With Jehovah's Holy Spirit anything is possible......

Building Blowing up

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    ooh, just needs a blue j w . o r g sign photoshopped on the sign there and that would be awesome.
  • StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

That's strange, especially that last week, after seeing these pictures, i wrote a topic laying out how shocked I was by seeing these pictures. Perhaps too many people felt exactly like me and they ended up taking it down.

On the other hand, it sounds logical that it could be that there were pictures of someone who had an accident there.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

It looks like a money pit.

Now it makes sense that they have stopped all other construction; this is sucking up all their available cash.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Thanks for posting those photos Wifi.

I can't wait to show my father the photos. I know he will go though the roof. A construction project that big being done with volunteer labour will make him crazy. The building code violations must be astronomical.

The logistical nightmare of trying to manage a volunteer group of that size would be enough to give even the most seasoned construction site supervisor permanent heart palpitations. My father would lose his mind whenever he had to train a unexperienced crew for a jobsite - and that was just for little projects like hospitals and schools - not some monstrosity like the Warwick project.

It is one thing to slam a Kingdom Hall build in a weekend with people who don't know how to hold a hammer properly but it would quite another undertaking to consider taking on a project of that size with people who want to dress up in safety gear and pose for photos.

Unbelievable. And frankly, quite insane.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I also work in a professional atmosphere around architects, engineers, inspectors, firms, contractors, building sites, etc.

I didn't see anything wrong with volunteer labour, as long as it was experienced volunteer labour with expertise in that particular job skill set. Also, I just ASSumed that the volunteers were staying for long periods of time until their portion of the work was completed, not thrust into the position for a week or two of work, then sent home and then the process of training a new set of unskilled labour for the same job beginning again and again all over again!

THAT is an absolute nightmare, and clusterf*ck of the highest order. What the hell are they thinking? Should have just gotten the paid, skilled, professional contractors in there to do it right the first time.

They don't care though.....they don't care how much money or time they burn. After all, it's only money, and they didn't work for it or donate it to begin with! They only want the end result and bragging rights that it was an ALL-JW project and then they can brag and gloat about Jah's blessings and blah, blah, blah. That's all it comes down to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit