Elder Arrested For Decades Long Abuse

by Sea Breeze 32 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

so that it didn't ruin the track record of the DA's office.

Nonsense. The DA has a duty to prosecute and will do so unless for reasons of not enough evidence or equity. You are again saying the same thing that the DA doesn’t want to do his job here. Baloney, the DA is compelled to prosecute if the case meets the legal requirements for sufficiency of evidence. Obviously the DA can’t and obviously if and when it has enough evidence it can prosecute or reinstate the charges in this case—which contradicts what you keep saying that the DA does not want to.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

I don't have any idea whether or not he is guilty, but it disturbed me VERY much to read what IS known.

If he is innocent, 8 JW children (or their JW parents), all of whom have connections with JW's, possibly made damning false accusations. People don't recover from that kind of false accusation - not unless Jesus himself is later seen having a burger and a beer with him at Applebees..

If he is guilty, he is walking free because no one cared enough to beat the living sh__ out of him or at least to get the necessary evidence when he was raping! What is wrong with JW's?????? Wake up! It's not just a sin and a crime, it is heinous beyond what is considered morally repugnant.

The organization used to claim to be morally clean and more acceptable to God. Now they are often found to be looking the other way with earplugs to drown out the screams.

Hey JW's - meet the tribe of Benjamin who shielded some worthless rapist murderers and almost got wiped out as a result by the other tribes of Israel. Be quick to turn in criminals - that is what a true God would expect.

On the other hand, don't make false accusations like the worthless men who Jezebel paid to falsely accuse Naboth so that her sorry husband could get his vineyard. This nonsense with JWs needs to end - whatever the case, STOP acting like you represent the true God when you act like a never ending episode of Jerry Springer (RIP).

I need a drink.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

charges are often dropped "without prejudice" because of time issues in an investigation. By doing that, a DA can re-file charges at a later date. I have had many cases either rejected for filing or pled down

I think that a prosecuting agency has a lot of power and discretion too and as you’ve said, they may not want to prosecute for different reasons. But this is not a victimless crime. I don’t know anything about this guy or about this case except what is posted here recently and my subsequent reading about it online. I figured though that because it involves minors, victims and JW, the DA is under pressure to get this guy —unless it is part of some strategy to reinstate the charges later on as you suggested, so he is not off the hook. It just seems strange to me that with all the news and publicity and all those accusations, and the pressure (because a lot of people have it in for JW) is not enough for the DA. I concluded, therefore, that there was no solid evidence at that point in time ago and that is strange too even 4 month later, nothing yet. Surely with all those accusers and victims and years of alleged abuse, there must be some substance to that by now —but seemingly, nope.

Whatever the case, I carefully re-read your post again and your opinion is not nonsense or baloney ( I apologize for saying that.) It is possible as you say that the DA dropped the charges at that time for whatever reason it had at it’s discretion and can reinstate them later on if it wants. I still think though that if it had enough evidence, the DA would have been be forced to prosecute unless part of a strategy. If you know more about this case, would be interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit