Elder Arrested For Decades Long Abuse

by Sea Breeze 32 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Sea Breeze
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

Why didn’t you post that the charges were dropped on Feb 28, 2023 because of insufficient evidence? Maybe he is guilty and maybe not but according to US: rule of law a person is innocent until proven guilty. Your failure to disclose all of the facts challenges your truthfulness.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

After further research, this link says there wasn't enough evidence at the time of the arrest but that :

Despite this, the investigation into the child sex assault claims remains active according to the Teller County Sheriff’s Office.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

Despite this, the investigation into the child sex assault claims remains active according to the Teller County Sheriff’s Office.

So what.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

They mention an "arrest affidavit." I didn't know what that was, it apparently is a report that the arresting officer files. Based on the article, it looks like a number of people went to the police to file charges, and the affidavit lists the accusations in order to present a cause for the arrest. I fear this will not end well for the victims.

My guess is that they'll look for anything they can charge him with, but he probably will not be charged with most of the crimes and may be acquitted of any that he is charged with. These are very tough cases to prosecute- there is probably little or no physical evidence, and witness testimony in such cases (that occurred many years prior) can be very inconsistent and easy to attack in cross-examination.

It is a reminder of how damaging the WTS's policies and actions have been over the decades. You have to wonder how many men like this are out there, who will essentially get away with serial rape for many years, aided by misguided policies and people unprepared to deal with the issue and unwilling to seek help.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    You have to wonder how many men like this are out there,

Are you saying this guy is guilty even if charges were dropped and no trial to convict him? According to you everybody is s guilty simply because they are accused.

As it relates to civil rights, SCOTUS recently decided that when charges are dismissed or dropped on someone that is arrested, let’s say for trespassing when he was standing on the 1st Amendment, that would be legal grounds for law enforcement to lose their Q immunity and be vulnerable for a 1983 and you could even lose your job. Obviously now prosecuting agencies are very eager not to drop any charges because now there is a price to pay if someone is wrongly arrested involving civil rights.

Anybody can accuse anyone of anything. Your lame pretext that it is very hard to prove does not mean someone is guilty simply because he is accused of committing a crime and the prosecution does not have enough evidence to prosecute.

In this related case, in all fairness, I cannot form an opinion about this man’s guilt without hearing the whole case including the defense’s side. Being a JW elder or WT policies is not proof he committed the crime. I can’t say he is innocent either. I don’t know either way. He could be guilty but then again he could also be innocent.

Sadly, cunning and devious and legally clever child molestors and other criminals know how to get away with crimes and it is such an outrage when they do —but that doesn’t make this guy guilty. It is also an outrage when someone is falsely accused destroying a person’s good name and reputation and the lying accusers suffer zero legal consequences.

I wouldn’t trust my child with someone that was only accused of being a cm, even if he is was acquitted. I wouldn’t take a chance. How sad but that is the horrific harm an innocent person suffers when falsely accused of cm.
  • Chevelle
    Chevelle

Highly improbable that 8 JW children (or their JW parents) got together one day and said: "Fuck it. Let's screw this guy for the hell of it."

But I suppose anything's possible.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Highly improbable

Then surely there is enough evidence to convict and the prosecution must be in on it and should be fired for claiming not enough evidence. Are you accusing the prosecution?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Whether this bloke is a nonce or not, we all know that nonces are prevalent and positively enabled by the Governing Body(tm)(Pee be upon them). within the congregations(tm).

Let's not be naïve about it.

There's no arguing on behalf of the GB(TM) (PBUT).

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

There's no arguing on behalf of the GB(TM) (PBUT).

So you don’t blame the DA for dropping this case in-spite of having all of the evidence and you blame the wt policy instead here even though this case is public and in forensics and the DA decided they don’t have enough evidence to prosecute —thus far. Who knows, maybe they will get some evidence or the great tribulation will strike tomorrow. Who knows?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit