Child abuse

by Jrjw 35 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I knew of a case in the congregation we were in where the Elders specifically spread the message that "the young sister who claimed to be abused was probably coached to say those things by her bitter parents who were using it as a way to get back at the congregation for not appointing the father as an MS"

Yes, I kid you not. That was the narrative they spread!

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Kids make stuff up?

Not when it comes to sexual molestation, especially very young children. I know of a fellow whose JDub wife left him for another JDub, took their two year old daughter, and less than one year later the poor little girl was waking up screaming from nightmares. When her dad asked why on one of his visitation weekends she described in perfect detail the type of sexual rape that the mom's Jdub boyfriend was forcing on the little girl.

When the dad confronted the eldurrs in the mom's town they used that same goddamned excuse. The girl makes up stories! Nothing ever done about it! Well except for the dad getting threatened with DF'ing if he pursued it. He did, and he was!

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Sounds like this fellow got a serious case against the WT corporation. I hope he's got a good lawyer.

• faithnomore
    faithnomore

My family member who was 3ish when they said someone in the congragation touched their "tee tee" was 100% believed by the elders because they used the age appropriate word and age appropriate way to describe the "adult" situation. However they also said that the family couldn't go to the police nor doctor (self reporting) because it would bring shame.

So basically the elders in this particular congregation believed the child 100% yet didn't want to bring reproach:(

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

Even back in 1986 the Watchtower was acknowledging that child abuse happened within the ranks, but that once discovered such ones were disfellowshipped! Interestingly, elders and ms are listed first, hinting that some of these might have been at fault (abuse of position). Tell him to read his own literature!

• zeb
    zeb

JRjw. I hope I really hope that the little ones so abused are getting the necessary counselling and that the offender has been reported to the Police.

and Saename; Yes it looks that way that the press and certainly the electronic media have been concentrating on the Catholic church and clergy. Despite my contacts (and surely many others) to the Australian Broadcasting Commission (ABC) here ..with ARC links..have not seen any exposure of the wt and its 'performance' at the ARC.

The commercial channels go for the RC because of the media picture they create. Ancient robes, rituals, churches all make good exposure on the news... JW..? ordinary clothes and kh that are as boring as batshit. But they have missed a major factor.. the Catholic church does not go door to door.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit