Child abuse

by Jrjw 35 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

I was talking to a jdub yesterday about child abuse in the organisation and this was his response:

"It has been known for kids to make stuff up. We have to trust the society on these things, also the legal process is there. I just know that Satan will do his best to discredit the witnesses. Headline jw abuser never catholic or born again abuser. There is so much evidence that we have the truth, just have to trust the society with it. I do believe the press on a lot of things just not jw stuff. They did say on the November broadcast that they won’t change the two witness rule, just have to show loyalty to the society."

I'm disgusted at how lightly they take it.

• cofty
    cofty
    Headline jw abuser never catholic or born again abuser.

That isn't true. There have been hundreds of headlines about RC abusers. Difference is the JWs refuse to acknowledge the problem or do anything to improve the situation. THAT is why they are never out of the world's media.

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

Yeah he said the good thing about the wts is that they always admit when they're wrong unlike the churches.

He's deluded or he just doesn't do research

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

We have to trust the society on these things, also the legal process is there.

I just know that Satan will do his best to discredit the witnesses.

I do believe the press on a lot of things just not jw stuff.

Yes, blind obedience to the gb, denial of facts and the persecution complex make JW thinking VERY cultish! They seem to feel special and thrive on the idea that satan paying more than the regual attention to them makes them the only true religion.

If I could I would ask that fu#ker why Geoffrey Jackson admitted under oath that there IS a problem with child abuse within the organisation.

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

I have heard on more than one occasion from some JWs, including my mother, "the organization isn't perfect. We are made up of imperfect people that error at times. Don't hold an organization to a perfect standard. The abusers are exposed in time and removed from the org." Really? Completely clueless. Keep drinking the kool aid.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

We have to... I just know... I do believe...

Yes, he is so convinced that in that OP quote he mentions

SOCIETY three times,

JW/witness(es) three times

SATAN one time

and JEHOVAH?????

Nope......... not ONE SINGLE TIME!!!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

JWs are indoctrinated to only support the organization, never criticize it from an analytical point of view.

Openly criticizing the Borg. with other JWS or even non-JWS is strongly controlled and watched for.

Fact is many child sexual abusers were given the dont talk about it instructions toward victims as it might damage the image of the (Jah's) organization, that's also why the WTS tried to keep the problem internal.

The Candice Conti situation is prime example of how not acknowledging some of its members having twisted sexual tendencies and shushing up the problem can produce dire consequences.

• Listener
    Listener
    Jrjw - He's deluded or he just doesn't do research

It's possible that he is an abuser himself. An abuser will say that the child is making it up.

• Ding
    Ding

There is so much evidence that we have the truth...

What evidence?

All those failed prophecies going back to the 19th century?

Seriously, what evidence?

• zeb
    zeb

Given your above responses I add he clearly does not have kids and I fear for them if he did. Imagine his offspring coming to him and telling of criminal abuse now what would be his reaction? "It cant be true because bro Z----- is such a (wait for it).. "spiritual brother" ..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit