What novels would you recommend?

by LoveUniHateExams 43 Replies latest social entertainment

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

So I bought Dracula the other day, bringing my grand total of novels to ten. (This must be the third time I've bought this book, lol.)

Here are a few more on my radar

Little Star by John Ajvide Lindqvist

The Martian by Andy Weir

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

The Demon Headmaster and the Prime Minister's Brain by Gillian Cross

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    LUHE - I bought Dracula the other day

This is one I read periodically over the years. I love the writing style but imagine Christopher Lee as Vlad Dracul.

Probably one of the few novels I'll entertain.

If I'm honest, I prefer graphic novels or comic collections. I love the old TV21 strips. Judge Dredd from the 1980's 2000AD comics. V for Vendetta and Watchmen.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Punk - yeah, Dracula is really good. I like the first four chapters, where Jonathan Harker travels to and experiences Castle Dracula. It's a great introduction and setting of the scene.

Probably one of the few novels I'll entertain - I've always been a great reader but not necessarily of novels. The first novel I really liked was The Demon Headmaster by Gillian Cross. In year 5 our teacher read it to us and I liked it so much I borrowed it from the school library. I still think it's a great read.

I like horror, thrillers, or otherwise edgy novels.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

LUHE - Our teacher read the Silver Sword by Ian Seraillier when we were in Junior school. I still have a copy.

He also read us Fin Family Moomintroll stories and Ellidor by what's his face.

Not all copies of Dracula have the original introduction which is a shame, it's a great part of the story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit