Breaking news - no more reporting

by wannaexit 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yes.

The Borg,,, during the pandemic suggested that the Sheeples refer to the ministry as their "personal" ministry during the letter writing FS throughout covid.

Now it really is about "personal" ministry. The hours are no longer scrutinized.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

To do this, and to keep counting hours with pioneers makes no sense. This is almost like saying, we trust the regular publishers, but we need to keep an eye on pioneers.

The only thing that makes sense is to also go on an honor system with pioneers. If they do this, then those numbers will be nicely padded as well. More people will become pioneers knowing that nobody is looking anyway.

I suspect it won't be long before they do this.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

You know what this reminds me of? When they bumped the bookstudy.

That was unprecedented at the time, but eventually we found out it was because too many cases of child abuse had been happening in and around bookstudy environments…

…and that the Org’s charity status was under review because of it…

…i.e. their tax-exemption was at risk.

To avoid that without having to change their policies or have the real reasons publicized, they simply eliminated the environment.

Now… like the bookstudy, The D2D work has been - for intents and purposes - mandated…

…but recent intel has indicated that the number of kids who’ve been abused whilst being out in the D2D work has become uncomfortably high.

They need to keep witnessing records as a paper trail to maintain “charity” status…

…but…

…now they have to make it more authentically voluntary in an attempt to keep responsibility at arm’s length…

…or their tax-exemption may be even more at risk.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I betcha the local hounded will still keep up the good old boys club and their perceived " being seen" mantra

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Legal issues.

As always.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Vidiot: "You know what this reminds me of? When they bumped the bookstudy.

That was unprecedented at the time, but eventually we found out it was because too many cases of child abuse had been happening in and around bookstudy environments…

…and that the Org’s charity status was under review because of it…

…i.e. their tax-exemption was at risk.

To avoid that without having to change their policies or have the real reasons publicized, they simply eliminated the environment.

Now… like the bookstudy, The D2D work has been - for intents and purposes - mandated…

…but recent intel has indicated that the number of kids who’ve been abused whilst being out in the D2D work has become uncomfortably high."

Are you suggesting that if they had implemented some robust child protection policies, not demanded that children be everywhere adults are and they hadn't so stubbornly enforced "the two witnesses rule", they could still have their book studies and also the door to door work, which they now seem to be jettisoning?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Maybe.

They’d have never done those things, though… the CSA problem was already too wide in scope and ingrained for them to fix it like that.

It arguably metastasized because of the WTS’s insular and authoritarian nature…

…100-plus years of anti-“World” rhetoric, self-reinforcing delusion about the Org’s importance, and a crippling fear of loss of authority over the membership made the kind of progressive reform you’re describing impossible.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Haha, I thought this was funny...

😆

• NotFormer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit