Who Was The Biggest Jackass Circuit Overseer You Ever Met?

by Sea Breeze 88 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Thanks Walter.

A couple of notes:

1. The Jews were already in a covenant to remove their sins by the blood of bulls and goats. So that doesn't apply to us. Jesus was demonstrating his authority to forgive sins as God and it was triggered by the faith (belief) of the man's friends.

2. The New Covenant had not been offered yet. This agreement holds the blood value of Jesus death. It allows us to trade places with Jesus. He dies in our place as a substitutionary atonement, and we gain a perfect sin debt record.

he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. - 2 Cor. 5: 21

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    Graham Carmichael--a cheerful Scotsman who was partial to a drink or 10

Yep, he was a character. Worked with him at a convention once. he described the situation once as "quiet as a contribution box", made me smile. Talked about his Glasgow upbringing. "they would steal your front door and sell it you round the back".

• St George of England
    St George of England

Just remembered John Blaney's brother, it was Martin.

John Blaney once saluted my father in the street and exclaimed "Yes Sir!" He thought my father should have been a little more tactful and kind when assigning the territory to the brothers and sisters.

George

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

When they existed, did district overseers visit congregations occasionally? If so, was it a bigger deal than a CO visit?

(I never had the "privilege" of seeing any of these luminaries in person. 🙄)

• FragrantAddendum
    FragrantAddendum

all the c.o.'s were afraid of the d.o.'s

so the elders typically thought it was fun when the d.o. and c.o. were both there

bc the c.o. would get the pressure instead of the elders

• St George of England
    St George of England
    When they existed, did district overseers visit congregations occasionally? If so, was it a bigger deal than a CO visit?

The CO and DO visited the congregation together for the week when the congregation was scheduled to be the "host" for the upcoming Circuit Assembly.

George

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I have to nominate Stanley F'in Weigel for this honor. He served in NYC during the 60s-7-s (time approximate). I think my friend ShirleyW will remember him. Shirley and I didn't know each other back then, but I met her on Six Screens and from her comments realized we were contemporaries.

Weigel was a really puffed-up piece of work, full of himself and eager to publicly embarass ANY member of the congregation for any minor reason. Being a total P.O.S., he floated toward the top of the Watchtower cistern, becoming something like City Servant last I heard. By now I'm sure he's dead, and millions are grateful.

On the opposite side of the spectrum we have Paul Haviland, who seemed to be a very good man.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Thanks for the answers about DOs. Without the DOs to keep the COs in check, who keeps them in their place now?

• hoser
    hoser

I think the circuit overseers answer directly to the branch.

The DO was kind of a useless position anyway.

I remember Terry Attick telling the car group one time that the DO got a fancier car than the CO. He seemed a bit choked up about it as if his “free” car and gasoline wasn’t good enough from the lowly publishers.

Parasites

• Gorb
    Gorb

We have had some nice guys and some mad idiots.

CO's these days have no character. Young, uninspiring management types.

But not for us, POMO faders family 🤣

Gorby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit