Who read the WHOLE bible at least once?

by JH 37 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

How often did they tell us that we should at least once read the whole bible from cover to cover.

I never did that, why, because I was overloaded with meetings and field service, and my job.

Did you???

• Brummie
    Brummie

I read the Bible right through from Gen to Rev after I left the WT, didnt miss a single verse, I think I read the whole thing sorta in dis-jointed sections when I was a JW.

Brummie

• JH
    JH

Whenever I look in the bible, I always think it's in alphabetical order.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Had to for "new boy" school. But had to do it within the year that all I can say is I read it, not understood it, or took time to comprehend it.

Then read it several times with our kids for the KM school. First time through with our kids, we got them a bible with their names embossed on the outside. We were so proud! doh!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Just another thing I felt guilty about, being the slacker dub I was. No, never straight through from beginning to end.

As if we didn't have enough reading material on our plate!

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

It's been so nice to read the Bible without Watchtower literature to explain it! So nice, as a matter of fact, that I've read the Bible through more times since I left JWs than when I was one.

• COMF
    COMF

If you kept up with the weekly bible reading, you'd finish the bible in three years. I had already read it cover to cover before I became a witness. I did three more times after.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I did twice. I also read it in the American Standard Version; well not all, I skipped through the geneologies and a couple of Psalms on that one). When I was a kid and the Aid book first came out I used to come home from school and read that. I read it cover to cover in a little over a year.

Yes, I'm a huge geek.

• Eppie
    Eppie

Yup i did when i was 16, Imagine all the fun i could have been having while reading.....

• blondie
    blondie

I have read it through several times over the last 30 years. I went at my own pace deliberately not following the WTS assigned material. My personal favorites are Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and the Gospels, followed by the rest of the New Testament. I have been reading since I was 4 or 5 and have a very good memory. I have also read the Book of Mormon, as well as parts of Buddhist and Hindu writings and the writings of Mohammed and Confucius and Lao Tse. I have looked at some SDA and Christian Scientist writings.

I agree that the WTS program of "Bible" study shuts out Bible reading with a view to research and understanding.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit