How many victims of the blood issue do you know?

by refiners fire 39 Replies latest jw friends

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Some truly scary stories there. You sit in a chat room with people and dont know what theyve been thru in their life till you ask. I just hope some dub lurkers are bothering to read. Thanx to all contributors

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

This is my first post. My sister died in childbirth from not taking blood 4 years ago. I was so angry that I cursed the elders and everyone else that was there. I stopped attending the meetings for about a year. I am still angry, hurt and outraged at the society for the lives that they have ruined.

Brian'

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Welcome to the board, Brian, and I am so sorry to hear about your sister.

You may have noticed earlier in this thread a reference to the website http://www.ajwrb.org/index.shtml.

The 'ajwrb' stands for "Associated Jehovah's Witnesses for Reform on Blood".

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Hey, thanks Dan. I know that your going through alot right now. Of course I don't know the why's I assume that its job related. Anyway thanks again and hang in there man.

Peace'

brian

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

This is an old topic but a good one!

I know of a teenage girl who died in the 90's from not taking blood. She'd been injured and bled out. I met her sister who was an active JW.

I know of an older brother who is dying of cancer because the doctors can't remove it without giving him a transfusion.

There may be others I know who have died who did so because they refused blood, but it's not something that gets out around here.

• jemba
    jemba

I almost died with both my kids in childbirth. I didnt have anymore kids because of it.

Of course though if you survive it just makes the JWs more certain they are right.

With my first child it took two weeks for me to be able to get out of bed, I was so pale I matched the white linen on the bed.

Such a dangerous thing to do, yet it was the only way I would go, even when Doctors begged me and then my Husband to take the blood, telling him he was going to lose his wife.

My very emotionally and physically absent Elder Father was on the Blood Committee and spent a lot of time at the hospital, in reflection I know it was just to stop me having any blood, it surprised me at the time to think that he finally wanted to spend time with me and my new baby.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

My mother in laws best friend, her husband likely died due to refusal of blood. He had a liver condition that eventually killed him. he also didn't agree to a transplant. His daughter had just adopted her brothers new baby ( brother is a crazy and thief, so is the baby's mother and they were not married) He was an infant when she got him. She was on a liver transplant list but also refused blood. She died last two years ago because of that. Now my mother in laws best friend is raising that baby by herself. The baby was still an infant when her daughter died.

I have only seen the woman a couple times after the death of her daughter. My mother in law would tell me how hard of a time she is having. I would offer to baby sit, then ask what the congregation was doing to hep her....... nothing. Months go by and I ask again because she never took me up on the offer and I never hear about her from MIL. Same story. She is exausted and needing help. I offered again, asked again if the congregation is helping her. Nope. I remark how that it just not right, they should be offering help to her. MIL seems to agree ( or agrees to get out of discussing, don't know which). I absolutly never hear about her. I wonder what is going on. I know the son is DF, and yet she would not shun him. Her husband did. I don't know where she lives and not close with her, otherwise I would go to her myself. I don't understand why no one helps her and even my MIL seem to be avoiding her but I don't know for sure.

Basically the opposite of love one another as you love yourself. I dream that this helps my MIL see the hypocracy of the JWs. Sometimes I believe she sees it, but is afraid to face it.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

There is a brother in my parents hall that has luekemia. He received a blood transfusion and was privately reproved. Then he received another one and the elders disfellowshipped him. As if he didn't have enough on his plate already.

• wasblind
    wasblind

So sad. When all he wants to do is live..........

Now the WTS will cut him off from his family

• Mary
    Mary

My father nearly died twice because of the ban on blood transfusions. The second time he was saved ironically because of me being on this site. At the time he was admitted to the hospital, he had not signed his blood card yet (thank god). When the doctor heard he was a JW, he looked horrified and said to my mother and me "you realize he is probably going to die if he doesn't get a blood transfusion." I told the doctor that there were some things that JWs were allowed to take now and he said "is plasma one of them?" I thought it was and I said "I think so". He didn't bother waiting till we knew for sure and he administered the plasma which saved my father's life.

My brother-n-law died just over 4 years ago in part due to the ban on blood. He had a particularly horrific form of leukemia and there was no way he was going to survive it without blood transfusions keeping his counts up until he could get the stem cell transplant. With his red and white counts bottoming out, the idiots at the hospital administered a very concentrated bag of septra to him 2 days in a row (it was supposed to be diluted and it wasn't). Because his lungs were starting to break down because of the lack of oxygen, the septra went to the weakest part of his body---his lungs---and fried them. He was in a drug induced coma for a month before he died.

Even if the hospital hadn't screwed up, he would have been dead within a month or two anyway. With his red count being down to 71 (which is less than half of what it should be), there wasn't enough oxygen being circulated in his lungs and the tissue was breaking down. He eventually would have had a heart attack from lack of oxygen and died.

How these pricks at Crooklyn sleep at night knowing that this damn doctrine is needlessly murdering their own people is beyond me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit