How many victims of the blood issue do you know?

by refiners fire 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Debz
    Debz

RF.its so sad you lost your Dad this way......how traumatic for you and the rest of the family.....the closest I came to knowing someone was my grandson - the operation was major skull surgery and he was only 3 months old.

My daughter although not a dub is lived as a dub with my mother for 4 years, she is greatly influenced by my `annointed` mother and refused blood right up to the last half hour when the surgeon made an ultimatum that he would only proceed with sugery if he got consent to use blood if it was required. My understanding is that the blood, if needed, wouldn`t be immediately but later if my grandsons blood count fell rapidly.

My Mother attended the hospital and when she found out what had transpired began to claim that the surgeons and hopsital had taken away my daughters rights. Hmmmm..not good when a baby is in the operating theatre at the time. I for one thank the brilliant skill of the surgeon for saving my grandsons life. These life events happen even when one has left the org as I have over 20yrs ago, which is sad to think that a situation such as this should be bringing a family together for support.

When I was a dub however, I refused blood even when I had a gall bladder removed at the age of 21, a scary thought really as I know I was only doing it for my mothers sake.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Hey Debz. Im over at pappusans. he says hi. So do I.

HI !!!

• Debz
    Debz

Hey boys!!!...............

How are ya`s?...................

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Hey sis. We are going out to an evening with the Raelians tonight. The Australian leader of the group is giving a presentation that we are going to watch in Clayton. It should be amusing.

• Debz
    Debz

I would say very amusing - now don`t you both go getting all converted lololol..y`know them cults are bad things...lololol...have a good time and may the force be with you..

I must send you an email Refiner - sorry i`ve been a bit of a hermit of late........hope all is well with you and Pappu..

Cheers Debz

• greven
    greven

I personally do not know of anybody around me that died for refusing blood.

However, I think that everybody that is willing to put his life on the line for a doctrine that has been proven over and over to be utter crap, is already a victim. So, in my opinion there are more then 6 million victims worldwide.

Greven

• Francois
    Francois

Well Refiners, no one that I have known personally has bit the bullet and died because of no transfusion, however when I was in hospital with multiple broken bones including a bleeding out pelvis I originally refused a transfusion due to fear of AIDS. Well, the surgeons went ape. One of them came into my room and began his speech against the religious reasons for refusing a transfusion (my blood count was down to 8, I'd lost so much blood), and I told him I was insulted by his assumption that I was some sort of JW cultist.

Then we got into a pretty calm, intelligent conversation about the saftey of the blood supply and AIDS. I actually knew that I was gonna let him win the argument, but I wanted to HEAR his whole argument, you know what I mean? So I listened to him for about a half hour, asking pointed questions from time to time, and finally told him, "OK, you've done a good job arguing your side. I'll go ahead and do the transfusions (needed 3 units), but if I come down with AIDS, we're going to have another talk." He said fine.

While I was getting my three units of whole blood, my JW parents came in the room. I guess it was the look on my face or something, but they ignored the bag of blood hanging over my bed. They stayed for a couple of hours, too. It was like having someone visit your home ignoring the fact that there is a walrus on the sofa eating fish out of a bucket. It was hilarious. They're not supposed to be having anything to do with me anyway, since I walked out if the JWs 25 years ago. I guess I owe them that much, that they are willing to tell the JWs where to get off on the shunning issue.

francois

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

A brother in our congregation bleed to death , wind pipe bleed out.

My mother had a bleeding ulcer and she vomited so much blood, her blood count went down to 7, she layed there signing away her life until her blood count went down to 2. She was so sick throwing up blood all over the place , she grabbed me and told me to tell them she wouldnt take blood and why,,,,,that was one of the hardest things I had to do. When her blood count got to 2 they told us 3 times she would die within the hour. We left our state and took her to Texas and they worked on her for 2 months, to build her blood count back up by using iron , thru the main vein in her neck. It was a long process and she made it in the medical journals because she had one of the lowest blood counts of anyone and still lived, especially without blood.

I had trouble with my first child and almost bleed to death trying to have him. Since I wouldnt accept a blood transfusion, they would not give me the csection I needed and we were both expected to die,,,,,but we pulled thru just fine.

My other two children , I also had to sign away our lives. I am just so damn grateful that they lived , because I don't think I could live with myself , knowing what I know now about the WT bullcrap doctrine on blood. I seriously am ashamed that I put so much faith in that cult , that I actually signed the death papers for my unborn children. Well that is the last of the blood I will ever sacrifice for any other cause, religion, or cult.

• freeman
    freeman

Once my wife’s PO told me that he personally did not know of anyone that ever died from refusing blood.

The strange thing is that he presided over a woman that stopped her cancer treatment because to continue with it would require replacement of red blood cells. She refused the blood and this elder applauded her courageous stand. She left behind her grieving husband and two teenage children, one of which was a classmate in my son’s school.

I guess he also forgot about another member in his congregation that died from blood loss after his motorcycle accident severed his leg. His wife insisted he not have a transfusion and unfortunately he lost enough blood already that this decision cost him his life. He left behind 3 small children and a widow.

I don’t believe my wife’s PO was lying when he said he did not know of anyone that died form the refusal of a blood transfusion, I just think he just never reasoned the cause and effect out, or more correctly he blotted it out. That is what this horrific death-dealing policy has done. It has produced a psychosis a fear of facing-up to just how death-dealing this blood policy is. Talk about cognitive dissonance!

Freeman

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

I'm a 'victim' myself you could say.

I took ill when I was 21 and had to wait 5 years for a diagnosis. After an exploratory operation they said that I needed major bowel surgery.

The date came and I went in hospital and when the surgeon came to see me he said that there was a strong chance of major bleeding during the op and that it would be risky to do it without the option of blood in an emergency.

The brother from the hospital laison commitee came and said that I had 2 choices. 1. To have the op, be ok , or 2. have the op, die and get resurrected.

The surgeon gave me a third option, he said, put off the op, go away and research the societies stand on blood and then come back for the operation. If I still didn't want blood he would respect my decision.

That's what I did.

I went in for the operation on the 8th November last year. I needed 9 pints of blood during the op or I would certainly have died, and then 2 days after the op I was bleeding internally and had to have another 6 pints.

I am only here now because I had blood. I did feel guilty at first but now am just thankful that the surgeon gave me some good advise at the time or I would just be another watchtower statistic of people who had died for an erroneous belief.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit