NASA hiring religious leaders on extraterrestrial life....

by mikeflood 21 Replies latest social current

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

NASA hiring religious leaders just in case they found extraterrestrial life, at Priceton University's Center of Theological Inquiry.

Just of curiosity, if NASA find something, how do you think the Borg is gonna spin it.?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I have thought about that scenario from time to time.

First thought is to look to other evidentiary issues such as dinosaurs. Although the Watchtower has never commented on dinosaurs, to my knowledge, growing up I have heard Witnesses say that dinosaur bones were placed in the ground by demons to get mankind to believe there is no god. I have also heard Witnesses claimed that UFO sightings and extraterrestrial encounters are also demons doing the same thing.

I think the question should go beyond just Jehovah's Witnesses. What would most of Christianity do if undisputable evidence of intelligent extraterrestrial life were found? So many evangelicals will look you right in the eye and tell you that the Earth is only thousands of years old.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    • 'Just of curiosity, if NASA find something, how do you think the Borg is gonna spin it?'

Not sure if this has been commented on before. But there was a thread on this a number of years ago.

To some fundamental groups like these extremist groups, such as the JW's, could very well be suicide for them.

On the other hand, there was poster who once related that the Borg could have a secret paper, or some kind of 'announcement' under their sleeve to pull out at the last minute. Some kind of ''announcement'' to ignore these 'reports about ET's' and that it's just the demons under the ruler of this world under Satan the Devil trying to undermine 'true worship', in these last days.

Ahh, you know how it goes. After hearing that drivel for decades and decades,,, and decades that seems to be the predictable response. You know.

• waton
    waton

perhaps wt is building these new studios to produce messages about the kingdom good news, from a planet occupied by the enemy since 1914, , to warn the cosmic comic? life to avoid the "mistakes" we made here?

Perhaps NASA has the same idea, to tame these potential dangerous "natives" by converting them to be manageable members, begging for forgiveness, becoming the"meek" that will inherit their planet. as was done here by all religions as they spread. the "word" ???.

• Overrated
    Overrated

I don't see Jw.org going on the side of any launched space vehicle. But then again, it would not surprise me either if they pay to paint it on. Hopefully, any extra life forms would look at Watchtower and see it for what it is an laugh them away.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Hopefully, any extra life forms would look at Watchtower and see it for what it is an laugh them away.''

I think anyway you look at it, ET life forms would spell the end for any end-time elitist group like the Borg.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Whatever's going on it seems to be darn quiet out there!! Perhaps everyone else is either in hiding (maybe for good reason) or have been eliminated already!

If you look at life on earth, it seems to be the norm that dominant life forms exploit everything/one else.

Maybe it's for the best that we don't find them...... or they don't find us 🤫👽😬

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Just of curiosity, if NASA find something, how do you think the Borg is gonna spin it.?

They'd call it "proper food at the proper time". They'd say "Yes Brothers...just as this old system is about to end and Jehovah's faithful servants are beginning to tire out, this new discovery is a timely and exciting fulfillment of Luke 21: 7. ( fearful sights and great signs from heaven) . Rather than being afraid, Jehovah servants know that he has allowed this new discovery to take place and it is inspiring proof to believers and unbelievers alike, that he exists and that he intended for the other planets to be inhabited. ". They'd marvel at his wondrous creation and proclaim that as "the Faithful Slave who are Stewards of his belongings" it will be our duty and privilege to teach these new ones the "Truth" and make sure, in the spirit of unity, they become part of his earthly organization". They'd immediately ask for donations so they could build a space alien translation center on Mars and ask for volunteers who had college degrees in any space related field and who were free to travel (at their own expense of course).

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''They'd immediately ask for donations so they could build a space alien translation center on Mars and ask for volunteers who had college degrees in any space related field and who were free to travel (at their own expense of course).''

Good post.

But something on a sidenote. I've always wondered how the Borg, as time moves on,,, will deal with human colonization on the moon, then Mars someday.

• waton
    waton
    But something on a sidenote. I've always wondered how the Borg, as time moves on,,, will deal with human colonization on the moon, then Mars someday

BS: I thought that when The US successfully landed humans on the moon, left artifacts there, even driving around all that while the "god of this world" himself is confined to the earth.

with "inherited sin" limited to the human race, what gimmick will these religious leader have to come up with to be relevant?

Mars? month in radiation soaked space? decades before a return is feasible? who needs imperfection, inherited sin to make you sick? really really incapacitated?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit