Meetingless Sundays: Guilt-Free ..... and Blissful!

by Room 215 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

Yup, I just reveled in another of these yesterday... what sheer, unalloyed pleasure! Sleeping an hour or so later, then shedding the pajamas for loose fitting clothes, enjoying a leisurely breakfast with several refills of the coffee mug; an unhurried hour or two with the Sunday paper, then a walk with the dog, a short bike ride, a bit of desultory puttering around the garage and backyard; early dinner (or late lunch, however you care to classify it) and a peaceful retreat to easy chari and televiseion as night descends.

To think that unless they're unusually resourceful, proactive and resistant to the proddings of their conscience, an idyll of simple human pleasure like this -- a day of welcome respite and regeneration obviously intended by the Creator for his human progeny when He legislated Sabbaths-- is forever off limits to faithful dubbies. Sad indeed

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Isn't it wonderful?

Agrees wholeheartedly with Room 215 .

• LB
    LB

The entire weekend is free now. No more guilt about skipping service or meetings. Or having to come up with lame excuses for missing them. But it took me awhile for that guilt to go away. Brainwashing is effective.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I remember the first meetings that I missed, and how it felt like vacation. Now I don't know how I would find the time to fit them all in.

At least I don't have to worry about that.

• Latte
    Latte

Meetingless Sunday's.......now that has a wonderful ring to it....don't ya think?

I love weekends now....hated them all the time I was a dub.

It's so sad that families are unable to take the kids out for the day on Sunday, when the weather is fine. The guilt which you carry around, when you skip a meeting....almost didn't make it worth it.

• Room 215
    Room 215

The least intrusive schedule for Sunday meetings is early morning; that's why congregations who share the Kingdom Hall have to rotate the meeting times so as to give everyone a fair shot at a 9:00 or 9:30 a.m. slot.

The later times, mid-late-afternoons-- are the absolute worst .... breaking a beautiful day in half, suspend what one's doing, get dressed and face up to two hours of dreadful boredom in the company of people whose company one can generally do without.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

American elders typically like the NFL. They will do ANYTHING to avoid schedulling meetings past noon on a sunday.

• Makena1
    Makena1

The peace of our last Sunday morning ritual (wake up around 8AM, start coffee, go back to bed for about an hour to continue waking up, put on some soft jazz, juice, coffee ready, french toast or omelettes, check out ESPN etc etc) was interrupted by a knock at the door at 9:20AM. The omelettes were about finished, I was still in my pj's, hair lumpier than Conan O'brien's, so I was not about to open the door to the two suits on the doorstep.

Perhaps I missed my yearly memorial invitation, or was it the beginning of the "inactive list" encouragement (I mean witchhunt) call?

Unlike last year when a WT on discouragement (who me?) and a memorial invitation was left, this time nothing? Hmmmmmmmmm....

Will post if anything further develops.

All best,

Mak and Sabine

• Dansk
    Dansk

Shame on you room 215

enjoying a leisurely breakfast with several refills of the coffee mug; an unhurried hour or two with the Sunday paper, then a walk with the dog,

You're supposed to take the dog out FIRST! Didn't you wonder why he kept his legs crossed and whined while you scoffed your leisurely breakfast and had an unhurried hour or two with the Sunday paper?!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

LOL at Dansk. Yeah blissful, but not for the poor doggy !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit