Meetingless Sundays: Guilt-Free ..... and Blissful!

by Room 215 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

Nice one, XJ! LOL!!!

• Room 215
    Room 215

Forgive me Dansk... I was --until recently-- out of practice! -- I usually open the dog and let him out into my yard first thing....

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I usually open the dog and let him out into my yard first thing.... <---you OPEN your DOG?? poor baby LOLOL

• Prisca
    Prisca

LOL @ LovesDubs - I was thinking the same thing!

It took me a good year or so before I stopped thinking about the meetings on meeting days. There was no way I would ever go again, but in the back of my mind I was aware that they would be meeting at a particular time, finishing at a particular time etc. It's only been in the past year or so that such thoughts don't enter my mind anymore. I just enjoy each day for what it is.

Those of us who are able to enjoy leisurely Sundays are extremely lucky. It means we don't have to work 7 days a week to eek out a living, or to even survive. Us Westerners are very fortunate indeed.

• Maverick
    Maverick

It is soooo nice to have a day of peace. I wonder if J-dud Central keeps the 'flock' run ragged to stop them from thinking about what a load of s--t they are being fed! I go to the range and play with my custom XJS on Sundays now. I use to catch hell for owning such a useless car,(for service). Funny thing is I seem to have more money now, I wonder why that is? Maverick

• minimus
    minimus

I didn't go to Sunday's meeting either. Although I felt like I did because of reading Blondie's summary.Our family had a nice breakfast and we stayed in bed until 9. My average Sunday meeting is around twice per month. I'm late for every other meeting, too. They're just happy to see me when I come in, I think. btw, one elder called me up today to find out about a couple of young men that became inactive. He was checking to see whether I recalled whether or not they were actually saying that they didn't want the 'truth" anymore. I told him that they never expressed that and that as far as I knew they were inactive only. I do know for a fact that these young men do not believe in this religion and that is why they left.....but I didn't want to tell him that.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    a day of welcome respite and regeneration obviously intended by the Creator for his human progeny when He legislated Sabbaths-- is forever off limits to faithful dubbies.

Roomie,

You must have been listening to Mrs Ozzie. Her words exactly! Quite true too.

Enjoy the rest the Creator intended.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Shakita
    Shakita

Where I spent last Sunday, guilt-free and happy.......

I have never enjoyed my Sunday's more.

Mrs. Shakita

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Seems blissful alright, Mrs Shakita, but where's the surf?? !!

Cheers, Ozzie

• Shakita
    Shakita

Ozzie......cheers back atcha!

No pictures of the surf, I took those with my 35mm. These I took with my digital camera. Here is one with the surf at my back....

I love this beach. I used to come here from childhood with my family. It is not a beach for swimming, but for surf fishing. This beach is unspoiled beauty at its best.

Mrs. Shakita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit