Getting Remarried after a spouses death & then they are resurrected after Armageddon ?

by LOLS 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

JWs teach death of one spouse ends the marriage and, when resurrected, the deceased spouse will never

marry again.

Well, that was their teaching until about 5 or 6 years ago.

Then they printed a "Questions (made up by us but we'll say they are) From Readers" that muddied the waters, and basically said "we don't know what will happen".

Best guess is that they got tired of getting weepy letters from distraught widows & widowers asking them "are you sure?" and so wrote a more intentionally vague piece on it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ sir82...

Ten bucks says the old-school WT reps who crafted the whole "sexless-resurrectee" thing themselves had serious quirks, fetishes, and hang-ups...

...and imagined that the only way the New System would "fix" all that would be mass spaying and neutering.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

My mum only remarried (18 months after my father died... 2 weeks after meeting the guy) because she thought she wouldnt be married to my dad in the "new world".

Since the teaching changed to "we dont know" she's felt very silly. She used to randomly explain herself to me and by siblings even though we never asked.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ pale.emperor...

I have an aunt who did the same thing.

In her defense, though, she was kind of a bubblehead (albeit very sweet) who I suspect didn't have a goddamn clue how to be a single mom (or a single anything, for that matter).

• LostAdam
    LostAdam

so no sex for the resurrected, but those who get to the new system alive can have it. I wonder how the resurrected would feel about that and how unjust and awkward would be to hear your neighbor having sex.

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

I wonder how the resurrected would feel about that and how unjust and awkward would be to hear your neighbor having sex

Some people like to Watch- you know- like the angels in heaven watched the pretty women on earth. That's why God made lube.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Ain't it amazing how less and less appealing the "New System" seems the longer you're out? :smirk:

• Simon
    Simon
    They used to teach that those resurrected would be sexless, neither male or female (like the angels)

... or Caitlin Jenner :D

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    Yeah, that's right....now you won't even get laid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXWVEZ-dIDs

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

When resurrected, men just come back smooth like the Ken doll.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit