Getting Remarried after a spouses death & then they are resurrected after Armageddon ?

by LOLS 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LOLS
    LOLS

Hi Guys

I was wondering about the above , if a JW is allowed to remarry if a spouse has died, then what happens when they are resurrected at Armageddon, do u land up with two wives/husbands ,,,,,,, makes no sense to me & can the JW's be so dumb not to think about this or have i got it wrong ?

And I will not be asking my uber JW husband , don't have the energy.

Thanks

• Listener
    Listener

They used to teach that those resurrected would be sexless, neither male or female (like the angels). A few years ago they decided to change that teaching and said that they didn't know but it wasn't a good thing to speculate on it as Jehovah would make sure we would be content.

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

Death breaks the marriage bond apparently. 'Til death do us part'.

• Half banana
    Half banana

I can't see free love on any future JW agenda which would be one way round such problems. But it does good to think about the contradictions when thinking forward to what might happen in fairyland because some may see how foolish it all is.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

I'm pretty sure that's why my JW momma never re-married, despite having 4 proposals.. She wanted to be available for my dad after the resurrection even though conventional marriage would not be reinstated.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Matt. 23:30 states the dead neither marry or are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven. Whatever "like angels" means, one thing is clear - JWs teach death of one spouse ends the marriage and, when resurrected, the deceased spouse will never marry again.

I had a JW buddy who thought he could hold out until after Armageddon because he wanted to marry the resurrected Marilyn Monroe. I hated to burst his bubble.

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

People are going to be resurrected with perfect bodies. They will be resurrected by the billions naked. Jehovah taking away their desire won't matter because it didn't matter to the angels in heaven who were sexless and saw the beautiful women on earth before the flood and took wives, namely all whom they choose.

Billions of naked people with perfect boobies and muscular bodies. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN!

• Giordano
    Giordano

The WTBTS trains it's followers to live in a world that will never exist. While they discourage their followers from speculating....... their entire theology.......... is based on speculation.

In fact every religion is based on speculation. Because God's natural language is silence......so everything else is a bad translation of that silence.

"And I will not be asking my uber JW husband , don't have the energy."

Sounds like you need a little fun in your life.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

So according to jw folklore, the one and only human relationship that is ended by death is the husband/wife relationship! And yet that husband/wife relationship is the most intimate and sacred? I think that the gb will receive miraculous "new lite" and reveal to the 'great crowd' that jehober will "lovingly" allow plural husbands and wives in the "new world" so as not upset the resurrected marriage mate!

just saying!

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    They used to teach that those resurrected would be sexless, neither male or female (like the angels).

Well great. Yet another bonus of living in the new world. As if it was not enough to deal with spending your days looking at sheep playing with leopards in your front yard, and having meat-less barbecues with copious amounts of fruit strewn across the table, while your African neighbor that insists on wearing tribal attire smiles are you endlessly as if everybody's faces are stuck in smile mode.

Yeah, that's right....now you won't even get laid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit