Woke Oscars cringe

by LoveUniHateExams 50 Replies latest social current

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Actors' acceptance speeches have often been a little dodgy - viewers don't care what political or social views actors may have, we typically appreciate actors acting well.

This year's Oscars awards ceremony seems to be going above and beyond, however.

Here's Frances McDormand's acceptance speech, in which she dedicates her victory to 'our wolf' and then howls like a bitch, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-_BE0aWgwk

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

WOW! You sayin' I missed the Academy Awards and didn't even know it (or care)?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    When did this happen? Had no idea.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

D'you remember when Hollywood used to just make good movies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXrcDonY-B8

I just wish Ricky Gervais was hosting this year, lol.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

What was really bad is that they cleared out central station of the homeless, something they won’t do any other day, then built a giant wall to protect them from the public and Antifa/BLM protestors, then had rows of cops standing to protect their little enclave they built. They got $250,000 swag bags for the actors, regardless whether they won.

Then they went on stage and created movies to decry white privilege, railed against the cops, the system and support BLM.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

You can’t fix stupid.

DD

• Simon
    Simon
    I just wish Ricky Gervais was hosting this year, lol.

Ricky Gervais is the only person who can save the Oscars now. They need a heavy dose of someone telling them what a bunch of useless self-obsessed twats they are, right to their faces.

Apparently the audience has gone from over 40m to less than 10m this year.

I had no interest in watching it. I couldn't care less about Hollywood.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

I always found glorifying people who act, who get paid millions to act and who we are suppose to worship more so than any other people, socially irresponsible and reprehensible.

Quite frankly I think much of the media today has gone down hill from what was apparent in the past both in music and movies.

The quality just isn't there, but maybe that's less important since your selling and marketing your product mostly to teenagers.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

These are rich, privileged people of varied backgrounds showing that they are suffering from the Woke psycosis.

They are to be ignored in the hope they will go away.

• iXav
    iXav

we all care about Hollywood even if we don't want to admit it. There is something fascinating about rich out of touch celebrities. The fact that we are even commenting on this thread is a sign

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit