How many different "rules" do Jehovah's Witnesses have to obey? Can you count them?

by Balaamsass2 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

Not only is there a voluminous list of rules, but you are never sure you are following them well enough.

• yalbmert99
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Far too many to count, if you include reminders and general guidance, such as whether couples should hold hands during prayer, whether a wife can pray aloud in front of her husband at home, whether you can hold seats for friends at conventions, how long to continue a Bible Study that doesn’t progress, how much toilet paper you should use in the Kingdom Hall, whether baptism counts if your toe sticks out, whether you should go to meetings while on holiday, whether sisters can do the accounts and other tasks for the congregation, and on and on. There have been literally hundreds of specific instructions issued over the years through the Watchtower, Kingdom Ministry, and now videos, on all aspects of life in and out the Kingdom Hall. It would be a colossal task attempting to list and enumerate them all.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

slimboyfat: whether baptism counts if your toe sticks out

I recall a convention where they were trying to baptise someone and were having the most difficult time because the person's feet would kick up and break the surface when they were being submerged. After two or three attempts, they got it done by having another brother help the person stay submerged. It was so weird. It's a symbolic act. Was Jehovah really worried that the feet had poked out of the water? "Nope, I saw some toes. Clearly, you are not interested in dedicating your life to me..."

• Touchofgrey
    Touchofgrey

Anyone would think that they are a high control group, that manipulate and coerce their victims/followers in every aspect of their daily lives.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

A friend's daughter got counseled for wearing a denim skirt to the meeting. Mind you, it wasn't tight or short. Just that Devilish Denim!

I was in a congregation where a parent was required to accompany their child to the restroom no exceptions! They devoted a "Special Needs" talk on the new rule and why. It seems some elder went to the restroom and found a big #2 in the toilet. Big Deal

One old brother with a thick foreign accent said "I was in there too (the restroom) and It didn't smell like no kid to me." Too funny!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Oh yeah, another one is:

Whoever initiates a gathering of JWs is considered the Host and is therefore responsible (on the hook) for whatever rules are broken during said gathering.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

lol Tonus. "Was Jehovah really worried that the feet had poked out of the water? "Nope, I saw some toes. Clearly, you are not interested in dedicating your life to me...""

And all the attendees heard a booming voice from heaven..."I saw a toe!!!" lol :)

I actually saw that once and you reminded me...

• slimboyfat
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The list goes on and on....

And you can get disfellowshipped for breaking any one of them. Subsequent shunning to ensue with loss of entire family,, most of your friends compounding with depression and mental anguish.

""Wr treat people how they would want to be treated"".

Umm ok. ROFL. 🤣

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit