How many different "rules" do Jehovah's Witnesses have to obey? Can you count them?

by Balaamsass2 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"And you can get disfellowshipped for breaking any one of them."

Is that absolutely true? Some of those look like padding, rules that you have because you expect to have rules in any large group of people. Loss of privileges or being considered "spiritually weak" for some of them, surely?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I'll just rephrase.

You can get disfellowshipped for what ever the elders decide. By ones 'apparent' lack of remorse.

With the shunning to ensue brought on by the kangaroo court.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

My Cray computer overheated while compiling the exhaustive list and exploded. Thanks WTC!!!!!! You did what NASA was unable to do!

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"You can get disfellowshipped for what ever the elders decide. By ones 'apparent' lack of remorse.

"With the shunning to ensue brought on by the kangaroo court."

That's my understanding. Whatever "real" rules exist, the soft ones will be enforced by a BOE that's out to get you.

Reminds me of the Torquemada sketch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEOV0O7k9YU

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"This is the best life ever"

" we treat people how we'd want to be treated".

" we are the most free people"".

""As humans,, we do things by 'choice' ".

ROFL. All those above statements are laughable & ridiculous. 🤣🤣 ( UMM ok)

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

ONE rule: they make the rules. And you know who they is

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Repetition. A mind control technique .

The opposite is true when 'someone' wants you to "forget" something.

Repetitive word(s). ie,, governing body,, last days,, TRUTH,, meetings,, circiut overseer, donate,, Armageddon,, great tribulation.....list goes on & on.....

You get the picture??

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Mind control. Is a horrible thing.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

About ridiculous JW "rules". If the rule is not a serious sin worthy of disfellowshipping....Pointing out publicly the rule is ridiculous...or arguing with the elders about it is "walking disorderly", "brazen conduct", "rebellion" or "apostasy"- all charges that will get you disfellowshipped!

Every JW kid learns to apologize with their head down, or say "So and so must be "mistaken" or "Heard me wrong". Or fall back on "who said that"....(the 2 witness rule...false testimony) deny and counter allege routine.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

And public shaming.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit