I was a victim of a Baptism Fascist! (were you?)

by slimboyfat 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

When I was baptised it was in the kingdom hall pool; I was only a teenager. I was baptised by an old elder from a nearby congregation, but next to the pool stood the Baptism Fascist with the towel. It was not enough for this budding young elder that I get dunked (I didn't like water as it was - couldn't swim). When I came up relieved out the water he insisted that when my head went into the water my Little Toe came up the other side So under I had to go again - to satisfy the desires of this insatiable Baptism Fascist When I came up the second time, would you believe it, my Little Toe came up again and the Baptism Fascist was getting everyone ready for another go But then reason dawned and the older elder actually doing the dunking insisted that enough was enough. He put the young elder in his place

People in the congregation said my baptism was not valid because of my Little Toe. Some even said it showed that Jehovah did not want me to be baptised.

That Baptism Fascist is now apostate, by the way, but I won't forget him because of my Little Toe

Did you fall victim to a Baptism Fascist?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    (Mark 9:45) . . .And if your foot makes you stumble, cut it off; it is finer for you to enter into life lame than with two feet to be pitched into Ge·hen´na.

*** Pulls out meat cleaver ***

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

*good grief, elsewhere. put the cleaver down. you don't want me to send you to your room again, do you? LOL*

My six-foot tall dad was baptized in a bathtub in a Canadian prison. From what I understood, they nearly drowned him getting, ahem, everything under water...

J

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Guess you won't be pitched into Gehenna for now, then, Elsewhere, will you? <grins> Dude.. sorry you broke your foot but I couldn't resist this one...

I'm glad LittleToe saved you from being baptized, SlimBoyFat! You're not officially on the "rolls" now, are you? No worries, man!

Country Girl

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

No, the baptism was counted. Just that I would have had to have been baptised again if the Baptism Fascist had had his way

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

ROFL

Whilst I presided at many a baptism, I don't ever recall trying to send someone down a third time - LOL.
    I do recall one young person who couldn't swim, though. Is this a subtle hint? If so I have REALLY got to meet ya!!!

The last baptism I was at I was already on the way out and was disgruntled that Matt.28:19 (baptising in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit) wasn't mentioned in the talk, and so I mentioned it in the pre-baptism pre-amble.
    It was the first time I had noticed such a monumental omission!

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Isn?t it like the guillotine where if they fail three times they have to let you go?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

This was a while before you went wobbly, Little Toe. You may not even have been an elder yet at the time.

You made me soooo My little brothers laughed at me as well as the congregation.

You may be a wooly liberal apostate now, but I sure remember you when you were a Fascist Elder

An organisation man to the core

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Woohoo!!!

I'm sorry I caused you acute embarrassment (along with being sorry for a whole heap of other things, when I was a borg-drone), however it's nice to have a focus for such an apology, and I hope we get a chance to meet up

I didn't start presiding at baptisms until I was an Elder, though I've always been blessed with youthful genes (thanks mom)! You're right - I was an organisation man for quite a while, albeit a lot kinder to folks with problems.

Pleased to meet ya

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    kitties_and_horses_oh_my!

Ah, it makes me day to witness the reunion of old friends! Well, ex-baptism fascists and their victims, but hey, who's counting?

Welcome slimboyfat and hey Little Toe, what an evil man you were!

Kitties

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit