Annual Mtg Points

by ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara 51 Replies latest jw friends

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

With all the cutbacks, WHY would they then blow money on a physical Bible, and only part of it that's going to be updated eventually anyway?? Seems pretty irresponsible.

• LV101
    LV101

The new edition will be printed in the language that springs for the product -- duh, US! Economy soaring so they're jumping into the ring to make moolah. Should be a non brainer for a publishing empire. Older people with chunk change probably prefer holding/grasping their reading material (warm, fuzzy, feelings/arousal of appreciation of cult to dig out more $) vs. digtiically. I can only imagine the magic, thankful, prayers, ongoing. Time to click on ebay to add to my cult collection. Can't believe I threw out all the WT trash I worked so hard collecting in short time.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Yet another revised NWT

What a nothing-burger!

• Jerome56
    Jerome56

New understanding of the locust plague of Joel chapter 2

Question: Since, according to Joel 2:11, the locust army is described as Jehovah’s military force, wouldn't that mean, according to this new understanding, instead of Gog it is Jehovah that is leading the coalition of nations?

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

I wonder what the new understanding is of the locusts..... ?

• johnamos
    johnamos

Do they announce at that meeting that there is an new understanding of the locust or do they actually explain what that new understanding is? I would like to hear more about what it is.

And YES Jerome, the book of Joel explains very clearly that it is Jehovah that brings the locust (AKA The Northerner) against his own people. Just as he brings Gog against them. Gog's attack and the Northerner's attack are one in the same. I have been telling my wife's family for years now about the book of Joel and sending letters to the WTS/GB in regards to, so I am really interested in hearing what the new understanding is.

[Joel 2:25 And I will make compensation to YOU for the years that the locust, the creeping, unwinged locust, and the cockroach and the caterpillar have eaten, my great military force that I have sent among YOU.]

[Ezekiel 38:16 In the final part of the days it will occur, and I shall certainly bring you against my land,]

[Quote from “What the Future Holds” talk; speaking about Gog’s attack –

“What’s the point? Brothers, we should expect them to despoil us of our human rights. We should expect them to confiscate all of Jehovah’s belongings and close down and take possession of all our branches, factories, depots, kingdom halls, assembly halls, everything. Don’t make any mistake about it. We are all in this together. We have a common enemy.”]

[Joel 1:10 The field has been despoiled, the ground has gone to mourning; for the grain has been despoiled, the new wine has been dried up, the oil has faded away. 11 Farmers have felt shame; vinedressers have howled, …the harvest of the field has perished.17 Dried figs have shriveled under their shovels. Storehouses have been laid desolate. Barns have been torn down, for the grain has dried up. 18 O how the domestic animal has sighed! How the droves of cattle have wandered in confusion! For there is no pasturage for them. Also, the droves of the sheep have been the ones made to bear guilt. 19 “To you, O Jehovah, I shall call; for fire itself has devoured the pasture grounds of the wilderness, and a very flame has consumed all the trees of the field. 20 The beasts of the field also keep longing for you, because the channels of water have dried up, and fire itself has devoured the pasture grounds of the wilderness.”]

[1-15-04 WT p.20 par.19 – As foretold in Ezekiel chapter 38, Satan will soon complete his role as “Gog of the land of Magog.” This will involve a worldwide attack on Jehovah’s people. It will be an all-out attempt on the part of Satan to break the integrity of God’s loyal ones. As never before, worshipers of Jehovah will need to call upon him earnestly, even crying for help.]

[Joel 1:14 Proclaim a fast; call for a solemn assembly. Gather the elders together, with all the inhabitants of the land, To the house of Jehovah your God, and cry to Jehovah for help.]

• Jerome56
    Jerome56

This was posted on Reddit:

The locusts of Joel Chapter 2 no longer refer to Jehovah's Witnesses and events surrounding 1919. The locusts in Revelation chapter 22 however still do refer to the anointed, but are now no longer connected with the prophecy on Joel. Joel 2 now refers to the "Babylonians", the coalition of nations that will try to destroy God's people. The context of Joel chapter 2 points the time period of fulfilment to Jehovah's Day in the Great Tribulation and how God will save his people. https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/de1ejq/2019_annual_meeting_news_in_full/

• Jerome56
    Jerome56

Previously the locust plague was to come against the wayward Jews. The first fulfillment came in 33 CE when the Christians came as locusts with a devastating preaching campaign before the destruction of the temple in 70 CE.

The second fulfillment was to occur just prior to Armageddon by means of the preaching of Jehovah's Witnesses against apostate Christendom.

*** w61 12/1 pp. 713-726 United Against Nations in the Valley of Decision ***

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Er.....how on earth do they think they're going to use their audiovisual/ video/ broadcasting etc after the big A without

Satellites

Cables under the sea

Power plants to make electricity

An army of installation people for antennae and thousands of people making and managing servers.

Most of the resurrected won't even know how to use a toaster

• asp59
    asp59

They said same thing back in the 90s when they were buildings all does new KHs. That they were for THE new system also. Think they always say that when they wasting JWs money

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit