Annual Mtg Points

by ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara 51 Replies latest jw friends

• johnamos
    johnamos

Quote - Joel 2 now refers to the "Babylonians", the coalition of nations that will try to destroy God's people. The context of Joel chapter 2 points the time period of fulfilment to Jehovah's Day in the Great Tribulation – end quote

Not promoting Robert's site, as I don't agree with all that he believes, but on Joel I do, and I think he is spot on, and he has been saying the following for many years:

https://e-watchman.com/introduction-2-joel/

https://e-watchman.com/day-jehovah-near/

https://e-watchman.com/jehovahs-witnesses-the-locusts-of-joel/

• Jerome56
    Jerome56

According to Joel 2:12-27 the locust plague does not bring a complete destruction. Israel repents and receives God's blessing. He drives the locusts away and promises never again to bring such a plague upon them. They are his people. Never again will they be put to shame.

I would imagine this would be the chief reason for the change in understanding. The society could never picture Christendom spoken of by God as being his people and receiving his blessing. So it must apply to Jehovah's Witnesses. But how will they explain the features of this prophecy that clearly indicates that the locust plague is brought on because of the wickedness of his people?

• careful
    careful

The fact that they are undertaking this clearly expensive building project and that they would produce a print edition of the study NWT, of just Matt-Acts now (and thus committing themselves to future volumes), seems to speak of them not being in the financial bind they say they were just a couple of years ago. Was that "crisis" just a sham like so many other things they stage/orchestrate, or has the donation money increased so that they can continue to make those secret payouts in the CSA lawsuits, as well as fund these projects?

• belogical
    belogical

oh dear here we go again

• Listener
    Listener

They've put images in their new study bible.

https://i.redd.it/xtvid3q0cwq31.jpg

They used to have a go at the Catholics for having images all around their Church, they are doing no different themselves by putting it in their Bible.

I just checked on JW org under their 'JW news' and there is no mention of the annual meeting, including their 'new light', building for 1,000 JWs and their study bible. No doubt it is to make those who were invited to attend feel special. But also, it is a boost to their ego as they flash around their new bible and 'leak' information from the meeting.

It speaks volumes of what the Watchtower is.

• sir82
    sir82

That's it?

What a dud of a meeting.

Not much imagination or innovation in WT-world these days.

• blondie
    blondie

Great catch, SBF, 1970 used Matthew 28:19, and I was alive then and an adult legally.

• blondie
    blondie

The locusts of Joel Chapter 2 no longer refer to Jehovah's Witnesses and events surrounding 1919

I have wondered when and if the WTS will distance themselves from the 1919 date. It will be interesting to see if they continue on that path.

• dozy
    dozy
    The building will house 1000 audiovisual and art production volunteers.

1000 - that just seems a huge number of "volunteers". Does it really take that many people , in addition to whom they already have , to produce the Societies videos? To what degree are they scaling up? A 24 hour JW TV station , or something?

I googled to see how many employees it takes to produce a Hollywood movie , which is vastly more sophisticated than JW dot org video output , and it seems to be approx 2,000 - 3,000 https://stephenfollows.com/how-many-people-work-on-a-hollywood-film/

• johnamos
    johnamos

quote - But how will they explain the features of this prophecy that clearly indicates that the locust plague is brought on because of the wickedness of his people? - end quote

LOL! They won't have too. Whenever speaking about it or writing about it, they will just ignore any negative mention of why the calamity will come upon them and because JW's care more about what is written in an WTS publication than what is in the Bible, they will never connect beforehand that this calamity is brought as punishment.

Look at what they do with Gog's attack. (Gog's attack and Northerner's attack one in the same) All JW's will tell you that they expect a future attack by Gog because the WTS teaches that but you will never hear them say why Jehovah will bring Gog to attack them.

The following is the way the WTS/GB spin Gog's attack.

[Restored At Last! p. 187-188 - The nations will “devise an evil plan.” They will seek to vent their long-standing rage and hatred on Jehovah’s worshippers, who will seem vulnerable, as if “living in settlements unprotected by walls, bars, or gates.” The nations will also be eager to “take much spoil and plunder” from those “who are accumulating wealth.” (Ezek. 38:10-12)… The nations may try to disrupt our way of life and stop us from carrying out our worship. To that end, perhaps they will try to interrupt the flow of spiritual food, prevent us from meeting together, break up the unity we enjoy, and stop us from zealously proclaiming God’s message.

That is how JW's perceive Gog's coming attack upon them but here is the reason why it will occur:

[Ezekiel 38:15 You will come from your place, from the remotest parts of the north,+ you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great assembly, a vast army.+ 16 Like clouds covering the land, you will come against my people Israel. In the final part of the days I will bring you against my land+]

[Ezekiel 39:23 And the nations will have to know that it was because of their error that they, the house of Israel, went into exile, on account of the fact that they behaved unfaithfully toward me, so that I concealed my face from them and gave them into the hand of their adversaries, and they kept falling, all of them, by the sword.’ 24 According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions I did with them, and I kept concealing my face from them.’]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit