Can Jehovah's Witnesses explain the overlapping generation?

by pistolpete 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

I found this interesting topic on the current views among JWs regarding the Overlapping generation.

The posts are hilarious

How do most Jehovah's Witnesses explain the Overlapping Generation?

I've asked a couple of jws to explain the Overlapping generation and they directed me to the website jw------org.

Either they don't know, or they do know but don't want to discuss it because they know it's bogus and embarrassing.

Either way, surely they must know that this just extended the last days another 80 years from the time Fred Franz died. Meaning that most won't be around to see the END. Unless you are one year old, you won't see the end. 😩

Or is it possible they haven't sat down to reflect and calculated the extension in time that has been created by this Overlapping generation idea.

If I was a JW and believed with all my heart that the end was close, and that I shouldn't go to College, that I should refuse a blood transfusion even if it meant my life, report all sins to elders, etc. And NEW LIGHT told me that the END has been extended another 80 years---------I would just walk out without saying anything to anyone and live my life the way I wanted to.

Why do they STAY if they have just been told by the GB that the end has been extended another 80 years??

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/rtpzr9/how_do_most_jehovahs_witnesses_explain_the/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

When announced that scam - the was the last assembly for me!

We REAL JWs just think that a ridiculous opinion of the GB.

• waton
    waton

wt believers might get an inkling what is up if they, listening to D. Splane*** would realize that he was actually promoting 2075 as the new end of the 6000 years with his overlapping super centenarians.

the 1975 - 2075, centennial. sponsored by: "wt centenarians for the centennial."

*** it would be Dr. D. Splane or even a PHD if that dissertation would be given at an institute of higher learning instead of the low key wt site.

We REAL JWs just think

DT. Israelites? anyway, with things coming up, 1914 could likely look like a picnic in the park, btw: 1941 with Barbarossa and Pearl Harbor was already, so:

easy,

just re-scramble the numbers, a watchtower specialty. 1914 1941

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    How do most Jehovah's Witnesses explain the Overlapping Generation?

Is it possible that instead of referring to the "Anointed", the Governing Body was once again talking about masturbation (aka fapping) and the problem this is generation is having with addiction to it, hence the term "The over-fapping generation"?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I know some who can quote the watchtower word for word on it. But not explain it.

I noticed they said Jesus apparently meant 2 generations then edited the apparently out.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We don't have many regular conversations anymore with JW's, but the few we do with JW family and an occasional "bump in" don't seem to concentrate on the "generation" aspect, bur rather just the NEARNESS. Any day now. Very, very soon. And isn't that evident by all the fulfillment of the signs ? Wars. Pestilence. (That's a biggie right now.) etc.

Consider too that once a JW gets up there is age where their life is sealed -- that is, no longer any chance of making much of the change in the course they are on -- they have to believe it is near or else admit they will die.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Just the look on the JW's when trying to buy, let alone 'explain' this ridiculous overlapping doctrine is just priceless, because they can't do either of them.

• waton
    waton
    Consider too that once a JW gets up there is age where their life is sealed -- that is, no longer any chance of making much of the change in the course they are on -- they have to believe it is near or else admit they will die.

DOC, yeah, like today's text says : " You have convince yourself that --" in other words indoctrinate yourself, whether it is factual or not. because it is not, it will change .

interesting sub question: why do dyed in the wool watchtower watchers on their deathbed regret missing the great tribulation, A ?

because according to wt doctrine everybody dying will get to see the paradise anway, nothing new there, but , wt guarantees only that those living past 2075 might see the endgame.

• Listener
    Listener

"why do dyed in the wool watchtower watchers on their deathbed regret missing the great tribulation, A ?"

The clue in that is 'dyed in the wool' JWs. They have been indoctrinated so deeply that they are looking forward to the test to prove themselves faithful to Jehovah under the most extreme test that they will ever face. They want to be martyrs.

Every JW, since the beginning has been led to believe that the big A will come within their lifetime, they have been trained for it and expect it. To them, since it hasn't happened today, it will just be a little longer, it's not something that will happen after they die.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    • ''Every JW, since the beginning has been led to believe that the big A will come within their lifetime, they have been trained for it and expect it. To them, since it hasn't happened today, it will just be a little longer, it's not something that will happen after they die.''

You nailed it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit