The August 2024 Watchtower controversy and potential further changes

by ukpimo 100 Replies latest watchtower bible

• KerryKing
    KerryKing

Why do the angels have wings lol, so very Hollywood styled, like the Jesus in a cape from last year haha!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Maybe there is a need for them to relax this "only people with a penis" qualify for privileges.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

It almost seems like they are saying "now that we cannot use the field report as a cheat sheet, we will need to get to know the flock better." I wonder how many MS and elders will resent actually having to become engaged with the rank-and-file instead of just reading some numbers and throwing a bunch of Bible verses at people.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

“…How to shepherd and appoint brothers based on the removal of the hour requirements…”

• carla
    carla

What if an elder or Ms has a ubm and no family in? How will they treat them?

• carla
    carla

I used to think they treated my jw as, "poor brother x, his wife is an opposer and he remains loyal blah, blah..."

Now I wonder if they will say, "brother x has had what? 20 years or so and still no family and his wife is still an opposer and persecutes us!"

• Samcats
    Samcats

KM school talks including wives will simply be thanking them for sharing husbands with org and encouraging them to support husband's position. People here are over thinking this

• Listener
    Listener

The Watchtower would have had a lot of feedback about the changes in regards to those they have removed or disfellowshipped. The Elders don’t like visiting/harassing them because they only do it when there is a CO visit.

It also takes a lot of time and requires two brothers.

Now they’ve ramped up the number of visits, it’s a huge ask.

It would make it easier if the Elders or Ms’s wife could go instead of the second male. It would cut their work, maybe by a third.

Will the wife be allowed to talk to the dfd JWs, even though the rest of the congregation can’t?

It’s not like this is a completely new position for the wives since they have been assisting Elders in visits in the past, particularly when it’s been more convenient, although they are not privy to discussions, I don’t think.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Thanks for the screenshot. I will bet it is a mother yearning to talk to her DF daughter who is (naturally) down on luck. The angels are watching, the gesture is ???.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Is that really a Watchtower cover? 🤔

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit