Selloff update Melbourne Australia

by jonahstourguide 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• amicabl
    amicabl

I have posted this before but it deserves repeating. I live north of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia. The Kingdom Hall in the local town, Caboolture, was sold about nine years ago.

Since then a large block of land was bought in a good position near the town.

A Kingdom Hall was promised about twelve months ago after the cash grab by the organisation which netted them over one million dollars from the two Congs who have an interest in this.

First we were promised a kh, then I left for good, then my still in wife, D, told me that the hall had been cancelled.

We bought a five acre “bush block” with a house on over thirty years ago and raised our three daughters here. We have grandchildren now and we look after chickens for one who is three years old and visits us us and her chickens and sits in the pen holding and playing with them to see that they are OK.

down the road from us is encroaching suburbia with three thousand houses being built.

This is a ramble were I am hoping that someone from Caboolture cong reads this and comes out to see me where I can reason with them on facts not emotion and perhaps wake them up. I have had elders and others out here before but got nowhere. I feel however that I am not doing so bad for someone with a diagnosed anxiety disorder. Are they afraid of me for some reason?

Sorry for the rant.

• gerry
    gerry

Thanks for update will add to the list of Aussie KH sales. Do we have a link to the real estate for sale site?

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

@gerry

I don't live far from the hall and will be keeping an eye on real estate ads.

I heard a whisper that an approach may be made to the local councils to solicit interest as a "Community Centre"

jtg

p.s. the value stated is based on land values in the area i.e. app 500k unimproved per block.

developers are snapping up these blocks and putting up to three two storey units on each.

Edit to add @ amicabl, A similar situation to Caboolture has recently occurred north NSW near qld coastal border. jworg promised, changed their mind and are in the process of grabbing the cash.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I use to be in Caboolture, always lived in the Brisbane area. They got shafted big time.

Expect the WTS fire sale to continue in Melbourne and Sydney, they will probably try to cash in before the market goes well south.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I'm starting to think that Watchtower is really up to something. You keep hearing about the money grabs. It's getting obvious.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Gerry, don't forget to add to your list the:

Embleton Hall in Perth, and the Kambah hall in Canberra

• gerry
    gerry

@stuckinarut thanks have Embelton and Dianella. However can I have the address for the Kambah Hall.

cheers

• gerry
    gerry

@2+2=5 is it possible to provide the address for the Caboolture hall. cheers

• venus
    venus

Why did all the prayers JWs made to God for the continued increase go unheeded? Especially in view of the following promise:

"And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it." (John 14:13-14)

"Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you." (John 16:23)
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

@ Gerry. I beleive it is: O'Halloran Circuit Kambah. (The Waniassa cong also used that hall I think.)

There are members here on the forum who are from that area and may be better equipped to provide better details.

I'll ask them to weigh in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit