Selloff update Melbourne Australia

by jonahstourguide 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Hi all,

I've posted this here so all visitors to this site can see info relating to the great expansion.

The Kealba kingdom hall in St Albans will be sold. perhaps worth around Au1.4 million dollars. On two blocks of suburban land with off street parking. Probably suit community activities or perhaps the ever expanding Christendom

The two congregations meeting there, Australian and Philipino have been given their marching orders as of July 1 2018.

The Australian cong have been told to go to Sydenham,,,, not that far away and the Philpino's have been told to chat amongst themselves to decide which central location might suit all of them as they are scattered.

Various other congs have had Kealba pubs visiting to see if they can go elsewhere.

Williamstown and St Kilda halls are also in the sell-off sights.

fwiw

jtg

p.s. I've checked jworg, the details have not been updated yet but the announcements are official here.

• alanv
    alanv

Wow thats an expensive Kingdom Hall isnt it? No wonder the borg want to get their hands on it. Great to hear about things that are happening on the other side of the world. Im in UK.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

We were in the Williamstown Cong. for a short time in the mid 1970`s and thanx for that update on the St Albans KH. my wife and I were Baptized at a Circuit Assembly in St,.Albans around Nov.1960 if my memory serves me correct.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Looks like another pub crawl for the Aussie JWs.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Interesting news JTG, I wonder how long the newly renovated assembly hall will last, that place would be worth a mint, 40 Acres on the edge of the urban sprawl or as a mega mosque. https://goo.gl/maps/jaoHmdLXDyv

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Wonder how many donated money and time to this "quick build" only to hand it over to the Watchtower and ...then have it sold off for profit!

• Balcacer
    Balcacer

Can you be more specific? There are 5 Saint Kilda KH and 5 Williamstown according to jw.Borg meetings website.

Thanks

WBTS needs cash for the incoming ARC lawsuits?

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Balcacer - Both of these halls are in Melbourne Australia.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yet another example of the money grabbing....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MxFPnCDn-Fg

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It seems to me that active JW‘s do not see anything wrong with this. They have bought into the idea that it is making better use of “the Lord’s things“. After all, the WTS/GB needs the money from the sale of these kingdom halls so they can build NEW kingdom halls where there is a greater need.

“There’s a sucker born (in) every minute!”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit