S*** JW Parents Say

by Dissonant15 37 Replies latest social family

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

"The worst Jehovah's Witness is better than the best worldly person."

Image result for jehovah witness campos  picsImage result for humanitarian picImage result for humanitarian pic

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

"These kids with their "hooking up". This wicked old world. . . they didn't do that when I was young"

Uh, mom, remember you telling me about the key parties you were invited to-and how aunt S cheated with uncle L and tried to seduce dad when he was drunk. . .(she was a JW, btw). Remember your cousin B killed her cheating ex husband and his girlfriend in her bed (all JWs). Remember how her son killed his brother in the hunting accident? Remember how aunt D was DFd 4 times (at least) and how you shunned her (for her smoking, divorce, drug use, general oddness). Just because she is a JW(pioneer with a cart and everything!) now only would seem to say that this world ISN'T as wicked. None of your kids cheated with our in laws! None of your kids smoke or get drunk or use drugs. We didn't abuse our kids or molest them. Your generation did. . . how is our generation worse?

• Seeking agape
    Seeking agape

My dad used to tell me to " put my dark clothes on and go play on the highway"

He's still pretty awesome. But on a serious note he used to quote 1 corthinians "bad association spoils useful habits" when I wanted to hang out with school friends at age 10-12. So by age 14-16 I would sneak out and hang out with the worst people I could find, i.e punks, thugs, drug dealers. I guess I figured if everyone was bad it didn't matter. Not really his fault though. I blame it on the Borg and the mental abuse they subject even the youngest members to.

• Simon
    Simon

"you'll never go to high-school in this system of things"

"even if it's not the truth, it's still the best way to live"

Bleh

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

My mum said she thought my older sisters would never go to school in 'this old system'. She's been gone 11 years and my eldest sister is a grandmother.

When I was about eight a school friend gave me a Christmas card. I was told I couldn't give her a card ' because it's pagan'. So I bought her a lovely new years card and was told that was pagan too. I had a WTF moment in my eight - year - old way and thought I'll never have friends!

Hang on to those WTF moments if you're a young person reading this. YOU ARE RIGHT THEY ARE CRAZY! Leave as soon as you can.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    Mother:
    "You will get no gifts at christmas or birthdays (pagan) -BUT - you will receive gifts throughout the year."
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Some of those "My book of bible stories" were scary.

innapropriate...see below!

petezahut She told us kids it was ok for JW's to talk to Lesbians because they take good care of their cats and they have a real "can-do", attitude. LOL!!!!!😂😂😂

I have become an athiest but I got to thinking that my kids need to have both sides of the story to make a balanced decision so I dusted down my old "my book of bible stories"to read them.

oh boy, at first I had to heavily edit it, then , despite the kids enjoying some of the stories I gave up as so many were so so innapropriate for young kids!!!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

What they say to kids now - "soon", "imminent", "so very near", "near future".

If it worked for Mr. C.T. Russell & Mr. J.F. Rutherford - why change a winning formula?

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    "You are to remain seated when God Save The Queen or Oh Canada is played, do not bow your head or say Amen after the Lord's prayer, and keep your eyes open. Come straight home for lunch and after school. All worldly people are ruled by Satan.

Boy did I hear this repeatedly except it was the South African national anthem. My Mother also wrote a note to the schools I attended explaining why I was not to participate in either of these as well singing hyms at morning assembly. When I stopped being a Witness at 14yrs old the first thing I did was join the military cadets program which was of course against JW policy but compulsory for non religious objectors. I was so proud and happy the first time I put on my brown uniform which I had stayed up all night ironing razor sharp seams into. By the time I finished high school I was a cadet sergeant and vice-captain of the cadet shooting team. Hell yeah!

"Bad associations spoil useful habits."

Also repeated ad nauseum. The last time I heard someone say that I told him to fuck off.

My mom's favorite: "Jehovah knows and cares about everything, even when a sparrow falls."

Well a sparrow must have been more important to him than me begging him to answer my prayers when I was a kid trying to make sense of my sister being disfellowshipped and the rampant racism in the Kingdom Halls - I never got a word in return from the sadistic bastard. I sincerely detest the old cow.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Oh god, the flashbacks, make them stop, make them stop....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit