Post Convention Euphoria

by Phoebe 40 Replies latest jw friends

• blownaway
    blownaway

Many will be saying that on their death bed. You can not help those who do not think they need help. Screw em.

• stan livedeath
  • freemindfade
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The euphoria usually doesn't even last a week after the convention. Typically the meeting attendance during the week after a convention is pathetic. Same thing happens after the CO's visit.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

It's called con-drop, within a few days they'll all be emotional wrecks.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Freddo,

The info was presented according to today's methods, that's all.

These days I derive my enjoyment more from the association than from the information.

DY

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

It's pretty much the same reaction every year.

BTW what was up with Tony Morris being on the program cover?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

My brother has posted those same kind of photos. Hashtagging every possible word play not realizing that hashtags are for searching purposes, not to convey an additional thought or message to his posts. #We'reLivingIn MomentousTimesBrothers! etc

I casually asked him how long ago the big International Convention was.

He said it was back in July of 2014

I said..."Gosh....has it been 3 years already...time really flies. It seems like only yesterday they were putting on all those entertainment programs for the delegates and now yet another summer convention has come and gone since then (sigh).

He got my point.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

How about this one?

#BS

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I left well well before the advent of social media, the final Sunday was a huge event though weather it was a group meeting for drinkies or a meal in a restaurant, the younger Twickenham delegates (LOL) would head down to a lovely pub down on the river Thames called The Barney Arms, we drank it dry one year. My lasting memory of a DC was a brief visit in 1995 after I had faded three years previously I only stayed less than an hour it was a scorching day as I was walking down the concourse the closing song of the morning session was being played where I stood I could see a gap in the stadium where thousands were singing and I suppose I felt a little bit emotional and stood there for a couple of minutes listening to the song, I was never to return.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit