Any thoughts on the real reasons for droppng the 'school"

by sparrowdown 71 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

A "school" you never graduate from - what's not to miss ?

Women never allowed to directly address the audience - I know, that's a privilege I will have trouble living without.

School Overseers counseling people on their pro-noun-see-ation - aw shucks God love their little ignorant hearts.

Small male children in tiny suits and ties reading bible passages that would earn an R-rating if made into a movie - .

- oh it's just as cute as a button the way little Johnny praises Jehovah like that.

Cue sad music and photo montage. RIP TMS.

• blondie
    blondie

The school was originally started to teach brothers how to give public talks (1943) and branched out to sisters in 1959 (!). (That's why only male students face the audience; it was a concession to the sisters since they still do most of the time in the d2d).

I know that the school was the assignment liked least by the elders (too much work) and was dumped on the new elder or the one with least status. I do know a few elders that liked it but not many. Students would cancel and not notify and the elder would be scrambling to find a replacement. Sisters would script their talks as if you handed the householder at a real door with the words they should say. So no real training took place. Despite the example presentations, jws tend to stay with the generic one they have used for 10 and more years.

If I remember correctly, before the book study was added to the lineup, the meetings last 1 hr 45 min. Is it still that with the book study? If not the adjustment has taken it back to the original time.

THE MORE THINGS CHANGE THE MORE IT STAYS THE SAME.

• millie210
    millie210

blondie
    If I remember correctly, before the book study was added to the lineup, the meetings last 1 hr 45 min. Is it still that with the book study? If not the adjustment has taken it back to the original time.
    THE MORE THINGS CHANGE THE MORE IT STAYS THE SAME

Apparently the chariot is racing.....

in a circle.

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower
    If things work out as outlined in the leaked letter, I think this is just another means to control congregations and stifle individuality. Instead of anyone offering personal favourite points from the bible reading, there will be set questions. The whole workbook thing sounds like an attempt to make everything the same. At least it seems to mark the end of the written/oral/TMS review.
  • daringhart13
    daringhart13

Beth Sarim,

WOW.....thank you for the response. This is a rumor I hadn't heard........ that is honestly mind blowing. How will they indoctrinate weekly??

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I remember trying to come up with a lame setting. It seemed to be the same old ones. Oh, I see you are having trouble with that dryer here in the sketchy public laundromat. I want to share a scripture with you. Did you know that soon, all our clothing will be perfect, just like us, and will never need suds? Plus, Jeehover will make all the dryers run like new!

Omg. I'm guessing the same ol' was too much to bear in it's ridiculousness and nobody has that kind of time any more. Not that the Groping Buddies (GB-tm) would care about that, but if people just aren't participating or showing up, and it was problematic week in and week out, they had to do something.

• Patrick45
    Patrick45
    School is direction from the GB. Responsibility is assigned to the one who is teaching. Once the school is gone they might get away with the idea that there is no central control agent who is responsible. They again want to get their ass off the hot seat.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The fave setting the sister's used for their talks in our hall was ...wait for it "encouraging (counseling)another sister"

So it wasn't even relevant for field ministry. Many of the sisters that gave these fine talks only turned up for the mid-week meeting when they had a talk assignment and left straight after the school.

Oh what a giver of joy the school was - not!

• stillin
    stillin
    I guess I have missed something. I saw that the Kingdumb Ministry is going to be called something else. What is the source of this dropping the Magnificent Ministry School?
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Stillin - the meeting itself isn't going anywhere but it won't called the TMS anymore and will be unrecognizable as the school we all are familiar with. There has been a letter leaked clearly outlining these changes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit