Encouraging scriptures for the day

by Kosonen 543 Replies latest jw friends

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    EasyPrompt3 hours ago
    The WTBT$ banned Kosonen because he won't worship the GB.
    Kosonen chooses to follow Christ instead of men, and he's doing what he thinks is right.
    When he shares scriptures, it's because he loves God and people, not because of "counting time." He is sincere.

It just seems wrong bouncing bible quotes around on an Ex JW site. How would he like it if i kept on spouting foul language in reply ?

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt
    "It just seems wrong bouncing bible quotes around on an Ex JW site. How would he like it if i kept on spouting foul language in reply ?"

It would just seem wrong to me if you kept on spouting foul language in reply - some other people might not mind if they're into that kind of thing - but I suppose you could ask Kosonen what he thinks if you really want to know his opinion on the matter.🙂

It seems to me that "Ex-JW" doesn't mean "opposite" of everything a JW is. You may be an ex-husband, but that doesn't make you an ex-man. (Well, maybe you're like one of the X-Men, I don't know, but you are still a man, right, is my point...)

Quitting the Bible doesn't make someone an ex-JW. It makes them ex-Bible. What we have in common is that we were either kicked out or driven out or we fled out of the JWBorg. That's what makes us ex-JWs - having a common religious "ancestry". Whether we believe the Bible or not doesn't negate being an ex-JW, or the mutual respect we can show for one another. I enjoy the different viewpoints and life experiences shared here for the most part (although I don't like the mean troll ones) but that's part of the forum atmosphere. I do appreciate very much the freedom of speech permitted. I know it won't last, times are changing, but I appreciate it very much while we have it. And I do very much appreciate both of you, Stan Livedeath, and Kosonen, even though you're very different.☺️

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I get what you're saying Stan. Bible verses were used as control levers against us. Who we made friends with, who we married, how hard we worked for the cult, whether we sacrificed careers or shunned friends or family.

All of these abuses and more were justified by one scripture or another. I'm too old and thick skinned to be 'triggered' by posts like Kosonen's but yeah, I can see how they'd have a negative impact on some.

I just find it inane now.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

I am providing an alternative to the Daily Text in the JW app. I tried to become reinstated this year after being disfellowshipped 15 years. So I begun reading the Daily Text in the JW app. But too often I got very upset by the hypocrisy and the erroneous comments to the daily scriptures they provide. So I thought I will make an alternative Daily Text, if others also are disturbed by the Daily text in the JW app.

• moley
    moley

Why would I need encouraging scriptures. The bible is fiction and means absolutely nothing to me

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Kossy - I hope you now understand that the Watchtower Corporation (Tm) and the Governing Body(tm)(Pee be upon them), are just a big corporation. They are a fake religion. Truth is not in them one jot!

They never have and never will preach the full truth. They are a big business in the market for conning money and assets from people so that the top dogs can live a luxurious, rock star lifestyle. It's a cult and a sham.

However, I do prefer full chapters in context. Single verses stitched together can 'prove' anything.

I hope you can leave the WBT$ well behind.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt
    "I do prefer full chapters in context."

Me, too! I like how Isaiah chapter 59 shows how Jehovah feels about religious institutions like the WTBT$ who are trying to hide their sins, going to court in falsehood, no justice in their tracks, how truth has vanished and anyone turning away from bad is plundered, etc...whether a group of religious hypocrites is big like a mountain or small like an island, Jehovah is coming to "reward" the religious hypocrites with their due "payment" and to intercede for the crushed ones...

"Look! The hand of Jehovah is not too short to save,

Nor is his ear too dull to hear.

No, your own errors have separated you from your God.

Your sins have made him hide his face from you,

And he refuses to hear you.

For your palms are polluted with blood

And your fingers with error.

Your lips speak lies, and your tongue mutters unrighteousness.

No one calls out for righteousness,

And no one goes to court in truthfulness.

They trust in unreality and speak what is worthless.

They conceive trouble and give birth to what is harmful.

They hatch the eggs of a poisonous snake,

And they weave the cobweb of a spider.

Anyone who eats their eggs would die,

And the egg that is crushed hatches a viper.

Their cobweb will not serve as a garment,

Nor will they cover themselves with what they make.

Their works are harmful,

And deeds of violence are in their hands.

Their feet run to do evil,

And they hurry to shed innocent blood.

Their thoughts are harmful thoughts;

Ruin and misery are in their ways.

They have not known the way of peace,

And there is no justice in their tracks.

They make their roadways crooked;

No one treading on them will know peace.

That is why justice is far away from us,

And righteousness does not overtake us.

We keep hoping for light, but look! there is darkness;

For brightness, but we keep walking in gloom.

We grope for the wall like blind men;

Like those without eyes we keep groping.

We stumble at high noon as in evening darkness;

Among the strong we are just like the dead.

We all keep growling like bears

And cooing mournfully like doves.

We hope for justice, but there is none;

For salvation, but it is far away from us.

For our revolts are many before you;

Each of our sins testifies against us.

For our revolts are with us;

We well know our errors.

We have transgressed and denied Jehovah;

We have turned our backs on our God.

We have spoken of oppression and revolt;

We have conceived lies and muttered false words from the heart.

Justice is driven back,

And righteousness stands far off;

For truth has stumbled in the public square,

And what is upright is unable to enter.

Truth has vanished,

And anyone who turns away from bad is plundered.

Jehovah saw this and was displeased,

For there was no justice.

He saw that there was no man,

And he was astonished that no one interceded,

So his own arm brought about salvation,

And his own righteousness supported him.

Then he put on righteousness like a coat of mail

And the helmet of salvation on his head.

He put on the garments of vengeance as his clothing

And wrapped himself with zeal like a coat.

He will reward them for what they have done:

Wrath to his adversaries, retribution to his enemies.

And to the islands he will repay their due.

From the sunset they will fear the name of Jehovah

And from the sunrise his glory,

For he will come in like a rushing river,

Which the spirit of Jehovah drives along."

"...the Watchtower Corporation (Tm) and the Governing Body(tm)(Pee be upon them), are just a big corporation. They are a fake religion. Truth is not in them one jot!

They never have and never will preach the full truth. They are a big business in the market for conning money and assets from people so that the top dogs can live a luxurious, rock star lifestyle. It's a cult and a sham."

God is making an accounting with WTBT$ (and all the other hypocritical religious institutions) by means of the government agencies. The WTBT$/GB/FD$ "rock star" lifestyle is about to come to an abrupt end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1vOVki-a1s

https://formsnym.ag.ny.gov/OAGOnlineSubmissionForm/faces/OAGCBHome?_gl=1*2zrzpl*_ga*MTg4MTQyODg3Ni4xNjk1NzM1NTc1*_ga_DB9MQJQJ8Z*MTY5NTc0MTE5OC4yLjEuMTY5NTc0MTIzMi4yNi4wLjA.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Fellowship with….

Romans 1:6 among which nations you also have been called to belong to Jesus Christ…

1 John 1:3 And this fellowship of ours is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ.

John 17:21 …just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us,

2 Timoteus 1:13 …the faith and love that result from union with Christ Jesus.

• MillennialDawn
    MillennialDawn

Kosonen: Thank you for sharing these scriptures. The Word of God will endure forever.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen
    • MillennialDawn
      MillennialDawn2 hours ago
      Kosonen: Thank you for sharing these scriptures. The Word of God will endure forever.

You are welcome, I will try to keep up with it as long as possible. 🤗

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit