Encouraging scriptures for the day

by Kosonen 543 Replies latest jw friends

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Water of life

John 7:37 On the last day, the great day of the festival, Jesus stood up and he called out: “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. 38 Whoever puts faith in me, just as the scripture has said: ‘From deep within him streams of living water will flow.’” 39 However, he said this concerning the spirit, which those who put faith in him were about to receive;

Galatians 5:16 But I say, Keep walking by spirit and you will carry out no fleshly desire at all.

22 On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 mildness, self-control.

Luke 13:24 “Exert yourselves vigorously to get in through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will seek to get in but will not be able.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

The Good News about the Kingdom are:

Revelation 14:6 And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, and he had everlasting good news to declare to those who dwell on the earth, to every nation and tribe and tongue and people. 7 He was saying in a loud voice: “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of judgment by him has arrived, so worship the One who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and the springs of water.”

2 Corinthians 2:14 But thanks be to God, who always leads us in a triumphal procession in company with the Christ and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him in every place! 15 For to God we are a sweet fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; 16 to the latter ones an odor of death leading to death, to the former ones a fragrance of life leading to life…

Matthew 24:14 And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come:

30 Then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in grief, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Good news to those who want righteousness, bad news for those who like unrighteousness.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I mean, do what you must Kosonen but try reading the room.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

The best way to read God's word:

Revelation 17:3 Happy is the one who reads aloud and those who hear the words of this prophecy and who observe the things written in it, for the appointed time is near.

Psalm 1:2 But his delight is in the law of Jehovah, And he reads His law in an undertone day and night.

Joshua 1:8 This book of the Law should not depart from your mouth, and you must read it in an undertone day and night, in order to observe carefully all that is written in it; for then your way will be successful and then you will act wisely.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'll be honest. I don't like single verse scriptures because the JWs used them all the time and often out of context.

I prefer the whole passage to see what the actual context is because It can make a big difference.

• LV101
    LV101

Good point, punk, but I don't mind scriptures/viewpoints of Christians -- more of the passage would be good. I think it's beneficial for JWs searching WT info to realize many who've escaped are still Xtians and members of other denominations w/hope/faith in the bible in spite of WT's wacko interpretations/control. They don't have to become an atheist right out of the gate or ever. Good to accept people where they're at in life and let them be who they are although I appreciate for many on board it's challenging to read/deal with.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Indeed LV.

Understanding how people tick is fascinating.

I do feel that by taking single scriptures and using them out of the original context, we could end up proving any old nonsense ALA Watchtower Corporation(tm).

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i suppose this is one way to get your hours in for the watchtower--isnt it Kosenen ?

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

The WTBT$ banned Kosonen because he won't worship the GB.

Kosonen chooses to follow Christ instead of men, and he's doing what he thinks is right.

When he shares scriptures, it's because he loves God and people, not because of "counting time." He is sincere.

• LV101
    LV101

punky -- true and many of you certainly know the chapters/passages.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit