Encouraging scriptures for the day

by Kosonen 543 Replies latest jw friends

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Hello my friends,

Here are some encouraging scriptures for the day:

Revelation 21:2 I also saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Hebrews 11:10 For he (Abraham) was awaiting the city having real foundations, whose designer and builder is God.

Revelation 21:24 And the nations will walk by means of its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it.

Revelation 22:1 And he showed me a river of water of life, clear as crystal, flowing out from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 down the middle of its main street (of the holy city). On both sides of the river were trees of life producing 12 crops of fruit, yielding their fruit each month. And the leaves of the trees were for the healing of the nations.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

It sounds good to me! ☺️ Jehovah God and the Lamb will fix everything.

Ezekiel 34:10-12

"This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah says: ‘I am against the shepherds, and I will demand an accounting of them for my sheep, and I will dismiss them from feeding my sheep, and the shepherds will no longer feed themselves. I will rescue my sheep from their mouth, and they will no longer be food for them.’”

“‘For this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah says: “Here I am, and I myself will search for my sheep, and I will care for them. I will care for my sheep like a shepherd who has found his scattered sheep and is feeding them. I will rescue them from all the places where they were scattered in the day of clouds and thick gloom.""

Revelation 21:5

"And the One seated on the throne said: “Look! I am making all things new.” Also he says: “Write, for these words are faithful and true.”"

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Luke 12:31 Instead, keep seeking his Kingdom, and these things will be added to you. 32 “Have no fear, little flock, for your Father has approved of giving you the Kingdom. 33 Sell your belongings and give gifts of mercy. Make money pouches that do not wear out, a never-failing treasure in the heavens, where no thief gets near and no moth consumes.

Matthew 5:5 “Happy are the mild-tempered, since they will inherit the earth.

Revelation 7:9 After this I saw, and look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands. 10 And they keep shouting with a loud voice, saying: “Salvation we owe to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb.”

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Matthew 12:20 No bruised reed will he crush, and no smoldering wick will he extinguish, until he brings justice with success. 21 Indeed, in his name nations will hope.”

Luke 15:7 I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over 99 righteous ones who have no need of repentance.

Luke 5:8 Seeing this, Simon Peter fell down at the knees of Jesus, saying: “Depart from me, Lord, because I am a sinful man.”

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    It sounds good to me! ☺️ Jehovah God and the Lamb will fix everything.
    @EasyPrompt

How could that sound good to you? As far as I know, you still reject the New Covenant "for the forgiveness of sins" , right?

That is how a person makes peach with God.

Roman 1: 5, 9
    "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: "

Watchtower theology which you adopt rejects justification for most members.

"being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him."

Can you provide even one NT scripture that gives you a shred of hope for Salvation without the New Covenant?

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt
    "As far as I know"

🙄

(Just goes to show how little you know.)

You have no clue what you are talking about, @SeaBreeze. You are making stuff up. I've very clearly expressed my faith in the ransom blood of the Christ. I am party to the new covenant, and I partake of the wine and the bread as evidence of that relationship with the Christ.

You are a slanderer, @SeaBreeze, and I have no desire to talk with you any more on this forum.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

@EasyPrompt,

I have asked you before if you are born again and you didn't answer. Scripture says to be ready always to explain the hope that is in you - 1 Peter 3: 15

It is not a personal attack, just scriptural. If you are going to represent yourself as Christian, you should be prepared to give an answer. It is a Christians duty. One that every Christian is glad to fulfill as their testimony.

I partake of the wine and the bread as evidence of that relationship with the Christ

I am glad to hear that EP. May I ask if you encourage others to accept this new covenant or do you still feel that it is limited to 144K like WT teaches?

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt
    "I have asked you before if you are born again and you didn't answer."

That's because your motives at the time seemed suspect. You were trying to set me up to knock me down, and I'm not into that. You weren't listening when I was trying to tell you that I do not subscribe to all the "WT doctrines", so I didn't see the need to answer your question at that time. Plus, I don't like it when people go around saying "I'm anointed" or "I'm born again" all the time because it's annoying and a lot of time it seems like they're trying to lord it over someone in an obnoxious way. At present, I had to answer because you openly slandered me by claiming something that I never said.

"May I ask if you encourage others to accept this new covenant or do you still feel that it is limited to 144K like WT teaches?"

I believe what the Bible teaches. Some of what the WT teaches is also what the Bible teaches. Some of what the WT teaches is not what the Bible teaches. I do not cling to a teaching just because a certain group teaches it. I cling to God's Word and the direction of His holy spirit as poured out by the Christ.

If someone is party to the new covenant, then they already know - I do not have to "encourage" them.

Galatians 4:6

"Now because you are sons, God has sent the spirit of his Son into our hearts, and it cries out: “Abba, Father!”"

1 John 2:27

"And as for you, the anointing that you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to be teaching you; but the anointing from him is teaching you about all things and is true and is no lie."

The book of Leviticus was part of the Mosaic Law. The Israelites of ancient times were gathered to hear the law and to obey the principles in the Law, but not all of them were priests or kings. The king was supposed to make copies of the Law, and yet he did not take part in the direction for the priests. The priests didn't take part in the direction for the king. Not every Israelite was a priest and not every Israelite was a king, but they all could read the Law and the Prophets and learn from it.

It is the same today. We read the Hebrew Scriptures, but we are not bound by them. We know the book of Leviticus was for the priests of old, but we still learn from reading it. We read the Christian Greek Scriptures, but not all Christians are bound to follow the specific directions for those assigned to be kings/priests in the kingdom. All Christians are redeemed by the blood of the Christ, but not all are in the covenant for a kingdom, to rule as kings and priests.

When it says the 144,000 come out of all "Israel", it means the the 144,000 kings and priests come out of all Christians. Christians all have one Father, one shepherd, they are all one flock, and all will see God ("and God himself will be with them") and all will hang out with Christ ("truly you will be with me in paradise"). But not all Christians need to partake of the emblems. It isn't necessary. They are already redeemed by his blood. Their faith is shown by partaking of his teachings, by proclaiming their faith in his blood, by obeying his teachings on love free from hypocrisy.

The partaking of the emblems is symbolic of becoming one flesh with the Christ as part of his figurative bride, which will be made manifest when they are ruling with him in the kingdom. The partaking of the emblems is symbolic of being a new creation, since only those who are a new creation can "work" in the "temple" - heaven. It is not necessary to be "a new creation" to be a Christian; it is not necessary to be "a new creation" to live on earth and hang out with Christ and God when they walk the earth and eat and hang out with all of God's children here. The entire universal family will be united and get to hang out.

Just like only the priests of old partook of the installation sacrifices at the temple, so today. If a Christian is not assigned to work as a priest in the kingdom of the heavens, he or she does not need to partake of the emblems. That's why the Lord's Evening Meal will end when the 144,000 are joined to the Christ at the marriage of the Lamb. The partaking of the emblems will not go on during the 1000 years, because it's not a requirement for being a Christian.

Love is a requirement for being a Christian.

"By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves."

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

The book of Leviticus was part of the Mosaic Law. The Israelites of ancient times were gathered to hear the law and to obey the principles in the Law, but not all of them were priests or kings. The king was supposed to make copies of the Law, and yet he did not take part in the direction for the priests. The priests didn't take part in the direction for the king. Not every Israelite was a priest and not every Israelite was a king, but they all could read the Law and the Prophets and learn from it.

It is the same today.

No, it is not at all the same today. All Christians are anointed, born again kings and priests.

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession - 1 Peter 2: 9

Just look at how many times Jesus offered it to whosoever.

Mat_7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

Mat_16:25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Mat_18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Mar_8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Mar_8:35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

Mar_9:37 Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me.

Mar_10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Luk_6:47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:

Luk_7:23 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.

Luk_9:24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

Luk_12:8 Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:

Luk_14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

Luk_18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

Joh_3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Joh_3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh_4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Joh_12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

Act_2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Act_10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Mt. 26: 27-28 plainly states that those who partake of the cup enter into an agreement "for the forgiveness of sins" ..... not a kingship, not a priesthood. That comes automatically after they get their sins forgiven by washing themselves clean in the blood covenant of the Lamb.

This is the ONLY hope taught by the apostles for the congregation of believers.. You are welcome to try and find a NT scripture that shows how you can get your sins forgive outside of the NC.....but there aren't any! Galatians 1: 8,9 says says that if a person preaches any other gospel other than what the apostles taught, they are double cursed.

You may be personally offended by that, but it is not slandering you. That is just the corective word of God. The word of God is supposed to be offensive when we are off track.

If you just want to be cursed for preaching a two tier salvation unknown to the apostles and drummed up by a man with a 7th grade education (becasue that is where you got it) go ahead. God will eventually let you have what you demand. Hopefully, it won't come to that.

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed....if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. - Gal. 1: 8-9

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt
    SeaBreeze said: "That is how a person makes peach with God."

SeaBreeze said: "If you just want to be cursed for preaching a two tier salvation unknown to the apostles and drummed up by a man with a 7th grade education (becasue that is where you got it) go ahead. God will eventually let you have what you demand."

@SeaBreeze, I think you have some typos/spelling errors. Also, the Bible was not written by someone with a 7th grade education. And God will not curse me for telling the truth.

Kosonon said: "Encouraging scriptures for the day"

I think this passage is encouraging.🥰

2 John 3-6

"There will be with us undeserved kindness, mercy, and peace from God the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, with truth and love.

I rejoice very much because I have found some of your children walking in the truth, just as we received commandment from the Father.

So now I request you, lady, that we love one another. (I am writing you, not a new commandment, but one that we had from the beginning.)

And this is what love means, that we go on walking according to his commandments.

This is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, that you should go on walking in it."💖

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit