Encouraging scriptures for the day

by Kosonen 543 Replies latest jw friends

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

"In the vigour of his age he married Gargamelle, daughter to the King of the Parpaillons, a jolly pug, and well-mouthed wench. These two did oftentimes do the two-backed beast together, joyfully rubbing and frotting their bacon ‘gainst one another…"

- Gargantua and Pantagruel

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

First round and later the second round

2 Peter 3:6 and that by those means the world of that time suffered destruction when it was flooded with water. 7 But by the same word the heavens and the earth that now exist are reserved for fire and are being kept until the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly people.

Babylon and Babylon the Great

Isaiah 21:9 Look at what is coming: Men in a war chariot with a team of horses!” Then he spoke up and said: “She has fallen! Babylon has fallen! All the graven images of her gods he has shattered to the ground!”

Revelation 18:2 And he cried out with a strong voice, saying: “She has fallen! Babylon the Great has fallen, and she has become a dwelling place of demons and a place where every unclean spirit and every unclean and hated bird lurks!

Jerusalem was destroyed once and then later a second time.

The old covenant and the new covenant.

Moses and a greater prophet like him, Jesus Christ

Acts 3:22 In fact, Moses said: ‘Jehovah your God will raise up for you from among your brothers a prophet like me. You must listen to whatever he tells you.

We can therefore be confident about the fulfillment of prophecies that are prefigured in God's word.

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

"Your dreary rhyming isn’t worth a turd!"

- Canterbury Tales

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

What can we learn from the Hebrew scriptures?

Romans 15:4 For all the things that were written beforehand were written for our instruction,..

Could the Hebrew scriptures help us to understand Revelation 12:6 : "And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God and where they would feed her for 1,260 days."

Could the account about Israel's exodus from Egypt into the wilderness teach us something about Revelation 12:6?

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

"IAGO I am one, sir, that comes to tell you your daughter and the Moor are now making the beast with two backs."

- Othello

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

What is this prophecy referring to?

Revelation 13:3 I saw that one of its heads seemed to have been fatally wounded, but its mortal wound had been healed, and all the earth followed the wild beast with admiration.

4 And they worshipped the dragon because it gave the authority to the wild beast, and they worshipped the wild beast with the words: “Who is like the wild beast, and who can do battle with it?”

Because the beast has 7 heads and 10 horns, it can not represent one country alone, but is instead a political power consisting of several countries.

So, one of its heads is one of the countries within that global power.

It is also a global power that gets the power in the end time from the dragon as stated in verse 4.

Someones had the power to force all the nations in the world to respond to the covid virus in a very similar way.

I think we saw the first expression of the power of that beast in the Covid mandates around the world.

But which country could be the head that got struck, but is healing?

I wonder if it is Ukraine? Could it be that Russia is the country that has tried to fight against the seven headed beast? But because Ukraine has steadily got international help, Russia has been unable to conquer Ukraine. In the beginning their goal was to take out the Ukrainian government.

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."

- Edgar Allan Poe

• vienne
    vienne

“Religious fanaticism is the most dangerous form of insanity.” ― Robert Graves

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

If you let the word of God explain what Babylon the Great is, what do you find?

Revelation 17:18 And the woman whom you saw means the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth.

Please, look carefully at what the scriptures say, after that you can start to search for a great city that fulfills this criteria and the rest of the characteristics mentioned in Revelation 17 and 18.

This city is the greatest political power, because it has "a kingdom over the kings of the earth". Democracy and elections don't matter. Have you ever wondered why politicians promise what people want but are unable to deliver once elected? It's because the great city, Babylon the Great has its own goals and agenda.

Revelation 18 repeats the fact that it is a great influential city. World wide trade and commerce is very much dependent on that city. That involves stock and commodity trade and trade of goods of every sort.

This does in no way apply to thousands of different religions.

And if we think seriously, what is driving wars? Are they not primarily because of greed? Are they not primarily about money? Why did the USA not want Europe to buy Russian gas or oil? What is the war in Ukraine really about? Religion? No, both Ukraine and Russia are Orthodox Christian and both were before the war organized under the Russian Orthodox Church. And the war between capitalism and communism? It had nothing to do with religion. Actually most of the wars are not religious.

Revelation 18:18 and cried out as they looked at the smoke from her burning and said: ‘What city is like the great city?’ 19 They threw dust on their heads and cried out, weeping and mourning, and said: ‘Too bad, too bad, the great city, in which all those who had ships at sea became rich from her wealth, because in one hour she has been devastated!’

Religions are not making ship owners rich. But instead it should be one of the great commercial cities in the world.

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

"I don't believe in God but I'm very interested in her."

- Arthur C. Clarke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit