Encouraging scriptures for the day

by Kosonen 543 Replies latest jw friends

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Nicolaou, yes I believe Genesis is historical. I believe in all the Bible. And if there seem to be contradictions, they surely have their logical explanations. But we have not got knowledge of how to all of that yet.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

(In case there was anyone else wondering about Damascus...)

Duran said: "Has this prophecy ever been fulfilled, yes or no?

Isaiah 17:1 A pronouncement against Damascus:“Look! Damascus will cease to be a city, And it will become a heap of ruins."

Jehovah foretold that Jericho would be torn down...

Joshua 6:2-5

"Jehovah then said to Joshua: “See, I have handed over to you Jerʹi·cho and its king and its mighty warriors. All you fighting men should march around the city, going around the city once. That is what you should do for six days. Have seven priests carry seven ram’s horns before the Ark. But on the seventh day, you should march around the city seven times and the priests should blow the horns. When the ram’s horn is sounded—as soon as you hear the sound of the horn—all the people should shout a great war cry. Then the wall of the city will fall down flat, and the people must go up, each one straight ahead.”

Later, Jericho was rebuilt...

1 Kings 16:34

"In his days, Hiʹel the Bethʹel·ite rebuilt Jerʹi·cho."

Jehovah foretold the destruction of the ancient city of Damascus, which happened around 732 BCE...

Isaiah 17:1

"A pronouncement against Damascus: “Look! Damascus will cease to be a city, And it will become a heap of ruins."

Later, Damascus was rebuilt, and the Bible mentions it numerous times in the New Testament, just like it mentions the rebuilt city of Jericho...

Acts 9:22

"But Saul kept on acquiring more and more power and was confounding the Jews who lived in Damascus, as he proved logically that this is the Christ."

Duran said: "Has this prophecy ever been fulfilled, yes or no?

Isaiah 17:1 A pronouncement against Damascus:“Look! Damascus will cease to be a city, And it will become a heap of ruins."

Yes, it has been fulfilled, and it will continue to be fulfilled, because Jehovah's Word always comes true.

Isaiah 55:6-11

"Search for Jehovah while he may be found.

Call to him while he is near.

Let the wicked man leave his way

And the evil man his thoughts;

Let him return to Jehovah, who will have mercy on him,

To our God, for he will forgive in a large way.

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,

And your ways are not my ways,” declares Jehovah.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,

So my ways are higher than your ways

And my thoughts than your thoughts.

For just as the rain and the snow pour down from heaven

And do not return there until they saturate the earth,

making it produce and sprout,

Giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,

So my word that goes out of my mouth will be.

It will not return to me without results,

But it will certainly accomplish whatever is my delight,

And it will have sure success in what I send it to do."

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

God's will concerning life on earth:

Matthew 6:10…Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth.

Isaiah 55:11 So my word that goes out of my mouth will be. It will not return to me without results, But it will certainly accomplish whatever is my delight, And it will have sure success in what I send it to do.

Genesis 1:26 Then God said: “Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness, and let them have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and the domestic animals and all the earth and every creeping animal that is moving on the earth.” 27 And God went on to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them. 28 Further, God blessed them, and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on the earth.” 29 Then God said: “Here I have given to you every seed-bearing plant that is on the entire earth and every tree with seed-bearing fruit. Let them serve as food for you. 30 And to every wild animal of the earth and to every flying creature of the heavens and to everything moving on the earth in which there is life, I have given all green vegetation for food.” And it was so. 31 After that God saw everything he had made, and look! it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, a sixth day.

• KalebOutWest
    KalebOutWest

Sure, there are some things you will see in this thread, like me calling one of Judaism's denominations, Secular Humanistic Judaism an "oxymoron" and stating that members of Humanistic Judaism were 'slaves to empty ritual' and engaged in a "waste of time"--don't think of this as an insult.

It's not. I don't insult people. I'm a Christian. I'm someone who is like Jesus.

KalebOutWest should remember that--and if he doesn't, I will pray that Jesus heals him. Pray with me, will you?

It also wasn't antisemitic (or in bad taste) to follow up the same comments, calling that denomination "empty ritual" with a Seinfeld video from YouTube--you know, a Jewish comedian's TV program that was often called a "Show About Nothing." I think it was in very good taste, don't you?

And if Jews can't see the good humor in that, I think they should just get over themselves. This is America, and were Christians here, damnit!

Ooops, I shouldn't have said that last word. I'm such a pill sometimes!

Goodnight, sweethearts.😘

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

KalebOutWest, it's still Sukkot, a Jewish holiday that commands joy. You never did tell me which was your favorite Hallel Psalm? I know you are singing them all this week, so here is another one of my favorites to add to your joy...

Psalm 116

"I love Jehovah

Because he hears my voice, my pleas for help.

For he inclines his ear to me,

And I will call on him as long as I live.

The ropes of death encircled me;

The Grave had me in its grip.

I was overcome by distress and grief.

But I called on the name of Jehovah:

“O Jehovah, rescue me!”

Jehovah is compassionate and righteous;

Our God is merciful.

Jehovah is guarding the inexperienced.

I was brought low, and he saved me.

Let my soul rest once again,

For Jehovah has dealt kindly with me.

You have rescued me from death,

My eye from tears, my foot from stumbling.

I will walk before Jehovah in the land of the living.

I had faith, for I spoke;

I was greatly afflicted.

As for me,

I panicked and said:

“Every man is a liar.”

With what will I repay Jehovah

For all the good he has done for me?

I will take up the cup of salvation,

And I will call on the name of Jehovah.

I will pay my vows to Jehovah

In the presence of all his people.

Costly in the eyes of Jehovah

Is the death of his loyal ones.

I beg you, O Jehovah,

For I am your servant.

I am your servant, the son of your slave girl.

You have freed me from my bonds.

I will offer to you the sacrifice of thanksgiving;

I will call on the name of Jehovah.

I will pay my vows to Jehovah

In the presence of all his people,

In the courtyards of the house of Jehovah,

In your midst, O Jerusalem.

Praise Jah!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwG0kD449So

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

KalebOutWest, you forgot to mention that I also included Einstein in my posts. I chose Jews in my illustrations out of regard for your professed background, in order to better reach your heart, if, in fact, you still have one.

Your photo of Eva Braun was not a very good illustration. She was Hitler's mistress. I am not surprised you would choose such an illustration, because you have already shown that you hate Jews and you hate Jesus and you get everything backwards just like the forefathers you profess to descend from.

John 8:42-50

"Jesus said to them: “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I have not come of my own initiative, but that One sent me. Why do you not understand what I am saying? Because you cannot listen to my word. You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie. Because I, on the other hand, tell you the truth, you do not believe me. Who of you convicts me of sin? If I speak truth, why is it that you do not believe me? The one who is from God listens to the sayings of God. This is why you do not listen, because you are not from God.” In answer the Jews said to him: “Are we not right in saying, ‘You are a Sa·marʹi·tan and have a demon’?”Jesus answered: “I do not have a demon, but I honor my Father, and you dishonor me. But I am not seeking glory for myself; there is One who is seeking and judging.""

Jesus was Jewish. He is my Lord. I am not "antisemitic". I am a Jew. You are much mistaken, KalebOutWest.

Luke 22:19,20

"...he took a loaf, gave thanks, broke it, and gave it to them, saying: “This means my body, which is to be given in your behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me.” Also, he did the same with the cup after they had the evening meal, saying: “This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood, which is to be poured out in your behalf.""

Ephesians 5:23

"...the Christ is head of the congregation, he being a savior of this body..."

Revelation 21:2

"I also saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband."

Revelation 21:9

"One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls that were full of the seven last plagues came and said to me: “Come, and I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.”"

Song of Solomon 8:7

"Surging waters cannot extinguish love,

Nor can rivers wash it away."

I am nobody's "mistress". I have been loyal to my Lord, the Christ.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's ok to be grumpy.

Ecclesiastes 4

Oppression, Toil, Friendlessness

1 Again I looked and saw all the oppression that was taking place under the sun: I saw the tears of the oppressed— and they have no comforter; power was on the side of their oppressors— and they have no comforter.
    2 And I declared that the dead, who had already died, are happier than the living, who are still alive.
    3 But better than both is the one who has never been born, who has not seen the evil that is done under the sun.
    4 And I saw that all toil and all achievement spring from one person’s envy of another. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.
    5 Fools fold their hands and ruin themselves.
    6 Better one handful with tranquillity than two handfuls with toil and chasing after the wind.
    7 Again I saw something meaningless under the sun:
    8 There was a man all alone; he had neither son nor brother. There was no end to his toil, yet his eyes were not content with his wealth. “For whom am I toiling,” he asked, “and why am I depriving myself of enjoyment?” This too is meaningless— a miserable business!
    9 Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor:
    10 If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.
    11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?
    12 Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

Advancement Is Meaningless

13 Better a poor but wise youth than an old but foolish king who no longer knows how to heed a warning.
    14 The youth may have come from prison to the kingship, or he may have been born in poverty within his kingdom.
    15 I saw that all who lived and walked under the sun followed the youth, the king’s successor.
    16 There was no end to all the people who were before them. But those who came later were not pleased with the successor. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.
  • EasyPrompt
  • Queequeg
    Queequeg

"But Odin and his brothers created the earth, it was they who made Midgard. The sun shone from the south upon the stones of their hall, and the land turned green with growing plant-life."

- The poetic Edda

• LV101
    LV101

EasyPrompt -- love the Bocelli/Elmo & Fidler OTR videos.🤣 I must catch up w/the others -- carry on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit