Encouraging scriptures for the day

by Kosonen 543 Replies latest jw friends

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

"Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

- Alice in Wonderland

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

The 2300 days

Daniel 8:13 And I heard a holy one speaking, and another holy one said to the one speaking: “How long will the vision of the constant feature and of the transgression causing desolation continue, to make both the holy place and the army things to trample on?” 14 So he said to me: “Until 2,300 evenings and mornings; and the holy place will certainly be restored to its right condition.”

If we assume that the 2300 days have not begun and that they end before Jesus' arrival, then at least this system will remain 6 years and 3 months.

Daniel 7:11 “I kept watching at that time because of the sound of the arrogant words that the horn was speaking; I watched until the beast was killed and its body was destroyed and it was given over to be burned in the fire (at the end of the 3 and half years). 12 But as for the rest of the beasts, their rulerships were taken away, and their lives were prolonged for a time and a season.

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

"You can’t ever be really free if you admire somebody too much."

- Tales from Moomin Valley

• vienne
    vienne

assume? Assume? ASSUME?! Do you mean to tell us that all your beliefs are mere assumptions? Probably not, but that they are is self evident. How about some solid study and fact instead of your spewed assumptions?

"Rosses are red; violets are blue; there's an Ass in assumption that resembles you." -Semi-anonymous.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

The people, and even his disciples did not believe the Christ must die.

John 12:32 And yet I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all sorts of men to myself.” 33 This he was really saying to indicate what sort of death he was about to die. 34 Then the crowd answered him: “We heard from the Law that the Christ remains forever. How can you say that the Son of man must be lifted up? Who is this Son of man?”

Evidently, they had not paid attention to the prophecy about the 70 weeks. This prophecy foretold also the rebuilding of Jerusalem and its future destruction.

Daniel 9:25 You should know and understand that from the issuing of the word to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem until Mes·siʹah the Leader, there will be 7 weeks, also 62 weeks. She will be restored and rebuilt, with a public square and moat, but in times of distress.

26 “And after the 62 weeks, Mes·siʹah will be cut off, with nothing for himself. “And the people of a leader who is coming will destroy the city and the holy place. And its end will be by the flood. And until the end there will be war; what is decided upon is desolations.

How can we avoid repeating their mistakes concerning the prophecies in the Bible?

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

“Let the wild rumpus start!”

- Where the Wild Things Are

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Jehovah God wants to know what we are. That becomes evident in tests.

Revelation 3:10 Because you kept the word about my endurance, I will also keep you from the hour of test, which is to come upon the entire inhabited earth, to put to the test those dwelling on the earth.

Adam and Eve were tested:

Genesis 2:16 Jehovah God also gave this command to the man: “From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. 17 But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die.”

Jesus was tested:

Matthew 4:1 Then Jesus was led by the spirit up into the wilderness to be tempted by the Devil. 2 After he had fasted for 40 days and 40 nights, he felt hungry. 3 And the Tempter approached and said to him: “If you are a son of God, tell these stones to become loaves of bread."

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

“The little train was carrying all these wonderful things to the good little boys and girls on the other side of the mountain. She puffed along merrily.”

- The Little Engine That Could

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

This thread has turned into a self perpetuating acid trip. It has found a rhythm of sorts with the back and forth of biblical verses and secular prose and poetry. Have Godsmack provide the soundtrack and it could be performance art.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

About whom is the prophecy and does it apply to our time?

Malachi 2:4 Then you will know that I have given this commandment to you so that my covenant with Leʹvi may continue,” says Jehovah of armies. 5 “My covenant with him was one of life and of peace, which I gave to him, along with fear. He feared me, yes, he stood in awe of my name. 6 The law of truth was in his mouth, and no unrighteousness was found on his lips. He walked with me in peace and in uprightness, and he turned many back from error. 7 For the lips of a priest should safeguard knowledge, and people should seek the law from his mouth, because he is the messenger of Jehovah of armies.

Malachi 3:1…And suddenly the true Lord, whom you are seeking, will come to his temple; and the messenger of the covenant will come, in whom you take delight. Look! He will certainly come,” says Jehovah of armies. 2 “But who will endure the day of his coming, and who will be able to stand when he appears? For he will be like the fire of a refiner and like the lye of laundrymen. 3 And he will sit as a refiner and cleanser of silver and will cleanse the sons of Leʹvi; and he will clarify them like gold and like silver, and they will certainly become to Jehovah people presenting a gift offering in righteousness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit