You Tube Questions about Watchtower Property

by Listener 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Listener
    Listener

Kim and Mikey made a YouTube yesterday claiming that a business called Watchtower Property Co. was connected to the Watchtower. They used a recording done by Youtuber Smurf Girl of a call she made to a Julie at the Company. I believe the call was doctored as it has her saying that (No) "We're connected to the Jehovahs Witnesses directly." The No was removed by someone as it was in the original recording on SmurfGirls channel. Her video was removed because of Julie notifying YouTube of a privacy issue.

This has now become a rumour shared amongst a number of exJWs and unfortunately just gives 'apostates' a bad name with such nonsense. But, they don't realise the potential damage they could be doing to individuals and businesses by such behaviour.

Watchtower Property Co is a real business with Julie acting as the Director for Leasing. I don't think it is kind to her or her business. I informed her of SmurfGirls YouTube shortly after she put it up so that she knew about it and could take action if she wished. I will be doing the same about Kim and Mikeys YouTube if they don't take it down but I want to give them the opportunity to do it themselves and not YouTube.

I don't know how else to stop this stupid rumour. It was started by Smurfgirl who claims she was an automatic Writer to some GB members as a girl. There are too many gullible ex JWs that believe what she has to say.

The Watchtower would never appoint a female as a Director of a Co. or put em in charge. A look at this businesses Facebook shows them celebrating every 'Worldly' holiday.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Some time in the next day or two when I have a minute I will do some research and get back to everybody. For some reason I can't get into the Pennsylvania Secretary of State, it looks like they're doing server updates or something. When I get in I should be able to find out who owns Watchtower Property and some other information. It's also too late to watch the videos all the way through.

As I've brought up before I worked as an accountant in Commercial and Multi-family Residential real estate. Kim and Mickey make a big deal about the Watchtower Property website linking to a website for a Fermi property site. It is common practice in the industry to form different entities to do different things. Absent evidence of something wrong, it means nothing that Julie Fermi owns multiple companies.

This company also seems only to deal with properties in Philadelphia, if the Watchtower was serious about this, they'd form an international corporation to run their properties. They already have a lot of the necessary infrastructure to do so.

As I said, I'll do some research and get back on here.

• Listener
    Listener

Thanks Jeff T. I did have a look at that and found no links.

In her Youtube, Smurfgirl came up with a name that was a little similar to a name of a JW Director of the IBSA from years ago. As well as the phone call, that was the only evidence presented.

There's no link that I could find and the evidence shows the WBTS would have nothing to do with them.

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

So, none of this makes any sense unless you're familiar with "Exjw Smurf Girl". Let's just say that this is par for the course for her.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

But yet none of you mention the most important information about Watchtower Bible Tract Society hiring 5 lobbyists

I had the links to that under our video

• Listener
    Listener

Newly Enlightened/Kim & Mike

But yet none of you mention the most important information about Watchtower Bible Tract Society hiring 5 lobbyists

I don't understand why you would expect me to mention information you presented about an entirely different issue as it has nothing to do with your claims about Watchtower Properties Co.

Are you okay with me informing Julie from that business of your claim and the misrepresented call that Smurfgirl made and you now have on your website? It's not fair that you do that to a real business and people and you've just taken Smurfgirls word for it.

This is a link to the video that I've mentioned in the OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElLsHlF9O0s&t=1119s

• Listener
    Listener

Newly Enlightened/Kim and Mike

I am curious as to why you didn't include the whole of the conversation that SmurfGirl had with the Company?. It was only about two minutes long. I heard it when it was on Smurfgirls Youtube and Julie answers No to her question about whether they are connected with the JWs.

Did you edit that No out or did Smurfgirl?

• vienne
    vienne

I've watched many of the Kim youtube shows. It seems to me that they make huge issues out of nothing or nearly nothing. When your money or your mental well-being depends on making many videos you will end up like kim and mikey.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Can I take this rare opportunity to express agreement with vienne?
    From time to time these YouTube channels do have interesting or new information, but how are we supposed to tell which ones, when every video is conveyed in the same breathless/outraged/sensational manner?
  • JeffT
    JeffT

OK, this is long, but I’ve uncovered some information. I feel strongly this needs to be discussed.

To repeat my background, I’m a retired accountant with twenty-six years of professional experience in the real estate industry. I’m not a lawyer, but I’ve done extensive research on copyright and privacy rights as a freelance writer.

On to the details.

https://www.bizapedia.com/pa/watchtower-property-co.html

The above site contains information about Watchtower Property Company. The following is a cut and paste.

Watchtower Property Co is a Pennsylvania Domestic Fictitious Names filed On August 21, 2017. The company’s filing status is listed as Active and its File Number is 6595538. The company’s principal address is 2929 Walnut Street Ste 1540 Philadelphia, PA 19104.

The company has 4 principals on record. The principals are Andrew Eisenstein from Springfield PA, Fe304, LLC from Philadelphia PA, Jason Friedland from Philadelphia PA, and Matthew Canno from Philadelphia PA.”

I had never seen the term “fictitious names” and had to look it up. It is nothing nefarious, it is Pennsylvania equivalent of “Doing Business As,” the more commonly used term.

Here are the bio’s for three of the four principals, taken from Iron Stone’s website. (http://iron-stone.com/leadership-team/) I can’t find anything about Fe203 except that it’s a Limited Liability Corporation, and it got some money from the feds under the payroll protection plan. “Fe” is the chemical abbreviation for Iron, so I suppose that is somebody’s clever play on the Iron Stone name.

Andrew Eisenstein is the founder of Iron Real Estate Partners. Since the mid-1990s, he has completed over $400 million in private equity and real estate transactions. He has established a successful business model leading Iron Stone into opportunistic real estate development, special situations investing and mortgage debt acquisition. Mr. Eisenstein has a background in general contracting, historic property restoration, and construction in high-rise buildings. As a construction manager and developer, Mr. Eisenstein has built a solid track record of entrepreneurial and creative projects that rely on this specialized construction expertise. Mr. Eisenstein has served on several not-for-profit boards including Legacy Youth Tennis and Settlement Music School. When not working, he can be found playing tennis, running in the Wissahickon or splitting firewood for his outdoor pizza oven that he converted from an early 18th century smoke house. Mr. Eisenstein graduated from the University of Pennsylvania.

Jason Friedland joined Iron Stone in 2002. He is intimately involved with the acquisition, execution, repositioning and management of the Iron Stone real estate portfolio. He has significant experience with construction management, financing, zoning, asset acquisition via bankruptcy, historic and new markets tax credits, affordable housing, and property management. Mr. Friedland is a trustee of the Academy of Natural Sciences, member of the Prints, Drawings and Photographs Committee at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, and a member of the Childhood Friends of The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. From 2010-2019, he served as trustee and then Chairman of the Board of The Clarke Schools for Hearing and Speech, with campuses in Northampton, Boston, New York City, Philadelphia and Jacksonville. When not working, he can be found hiking in the Wissahickon or playing guitar, charango or the Chapman Stick. Born in Denver, CO, Mr. Friedland received a B.A from Washington University in St. Louis, MO.

Matthew Canno has been with Iron Stone Partners since 2001. Mr. Canno is responsible for acquisitions, contract negotiations and serves as general counsel. In addition to his real estate expertise, Mr. Canno was a founding partner at the law firm of Binder & Canno, a boutique law firm specializing in real estate and litigation. He was featured in the February 2007 edition of Philadelphia Magazine for his entrepreneurial success and selected by The Philadelphia Business Journal as one of its “40 under 40. He served as the Treasurer of the Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society (PAWS) and, until 2012, served as the Treasurer of the Board of Directors of Self, Inc. a long-standing charity in Philadelphia that oversees many of the City’s homeless shelters and initiatives for people suffering from financial and social hardships. He is currently on the Finance Committee of The Philadelphia School. When not working, he can be found playing tennis or spending time with his family. Mr. Canno specialized in real estate and finance while obtaining a B.S. in Economics from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. He also earned a J.D. from The University of Pennsylvania Law School and is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association.

From what I can see cruising around the internet today, this is a typical structure in the real estate industry. There is a senior company (Iron Stone) with at least one subsidiary (Watchtower Property) and probably another (Fe203). These perform separate functions and shield the various companies from liability, such as a lawsuit) created by one part of the company.

Here is the danger:

First, I can see no connection to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. I had thought perhaps that the owner(s) might be Witnesses and used the Watchtower name because they liked it. However, the biographies of the three owners look very unwitness-like to me, so I doubt that.

Now, here is where we get into dangerous territory. If Iron Stone, Watchtower Property, or Ms. Foyle think they’ve been labeled and sue, you could be in a world of hurt, as Watchtower Property could claim their business was hurt by a false claim of association with the religion.

There are generally two defenses to a charge of libel: 1) I never said that or 2) what I said is true. “1” doesn’t apply because we have a video of what was said; if you want to invoke “2,” you need to find a connection between Watchtower Property and Watchtower Society.

To try to end on an upbeat note, I will repeat an offer I’ve made in the past. I generally have time available these days, if you have questions about subjects like this holler at me, I will take a swing at finding the answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit